First person mod?

ScarXL

First person mod?

Post by ScarXL » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:35 am

Anyone know where I can find a functioning first person mod for OG v1.4.0, or if it exists at all? The one on the Steam workshop is unsupported.

alpines

Re: First person mod?

Post by alpines » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:04 pm

A couple of months ago I found that mod aswell but it didn't work for me either, luckily it's not too hard to fix if you understand the compile errors.

First of all - the current Overgrowth version is not matching. The mod was published for 1.3 but you are probably running 1.4.
Head to:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\25000\913141597\
and locate the file mod.xml.

In there you will find the tag <SupportedVersion> which contains the value 1.3
You can either switch it to the version you are running on (with the menu under "Help" > "About") or you simply insert a wildcard * which will also make it proof for future versions (still might break though if later versions are incompatible).

After you've done that we still need to fix the compile errors. Mainly there are just a few declarations missing from the enemycontrol.as of the current version.

Since the mod does not come with an own enemycontrol script (it uses the enemycontrol.as of the current version which is incompatible) we have to apply some changes to make it work.

Either you apply these changes directly in the enemeycontrol script of the Overgrowth installation (which I do NOT recommend since you're tinkering with game files all mods rely on) or you can simply take the enemycontrol.as located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Overgrowth\Data\Scripts
and copy it into the mod's script folder here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\25000\913141597\Data\Scripts
Now Overgrowth will use the mod's enemy control script instead of the original file.

Having our own enemycontrol script in place we simply need to add the declarations which were missing somewhere at the top (along the other declarations):

bool g_is_throw_trainer;
float g_throw_counter_probability;
bool g_fear_never_afraid_on_sight;
bool g_fear_always_afraid_on_sight;
bool g_stick_to_nav_mesh;
float g_fear_afraid_at_health_level;
float g_weapon_catch_skill;
Save it, restart the game (or start it if it wasn't running) and you should be able to not only enable the mod in the mod menu but also enter first-person mode if you've enabled it and press 'U' inside a level.

Have fun. :)

edoantonioco

Re: First person mod?

Post by edoantonioco » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:23 pm