Husk - A modding effort in need of help!

HAVOCOKO

Husk - A modding effort in need of help!

Post by HAVOCOKO » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:16 pm

There’s a TLDR at the end of this post, just in case!

I managed to get my hands on Overgrowth at the start of 2020, and to be honest, I didn’t play it a ton. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy it though. The world that the game offered, alongside the unique visuals and interpretive storytelling, inspired me much more than anything else has. I wanted to capture the magic of Overgrowth in my own media, and channel the love I had for the game, even if I didn’t have the time to play it.

After a few months of struggling with my creative projects, and quite honestly with a few other things too, I sat down and tried playing the game again. I saw that there was a scene for modding, as well as the community forum, which led me here.

With what I have in mind for modding, I can’t see myself doing it without help.

Right now, things are leaning towards more of an open world experience alongside an emphasis on NPC interaction. I have an outline for story direction, some light character development, and ideas on general world concepts + game mechanics. I wouldn’t want to get too much under me, since I’d like to get feedback from those inside and outside the mod, as well as change things accordingly.

If anyone has any knowledge to share, or you’re interested in joining the effort, please let me know! I’m relatively new to forum settings, but I’ll try my best to get back to people.

TLDR: I’m making a mod with a focus on exploration and characters. I would love to get some advice on the basic structure of creating mods / important details, or chat with anyone interested in collaborating!

Sorry if anything written here is a bit vague, I'll be glad to elaborate on anything if need be.

Thanks for reading!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Husk - A modding effort in need of help!

Post by Constance » Sun May 01, 2022 8:52 pm

Yo!
The best thing to do would be to hop onto the Wolfire Discord at discord.gg/wolfire -- This forum is old and very dead.
There, you can find tutorials, discussion and an active community still pumping out content and new work for Overgrowth.
I hope to see you there!