Project Showoff

adwuga

Re: Project Showoff

Post by adwuga » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:41 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:snip[/url]
Controls: G =)
:shock:

This is awesome. super^9999etc. awesome.

You should try making a gun mod, I don't think Korban is going to get to that soon.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:11 pm

:\
I try. I should spend tonight working on it, actually. IT IS DECIDED! I HAVE TOO MANY PROJECTS! GUN MOD NAO!
Very cool telekinesis, though. Pretty awesome video.
DINNER NAO! MOD THEN! NAOAAOAOAOAOAOAOO!

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Korban3 wrote:IT IS DECIDED! I HAVE TOO MANY PROJECTS!
Story of my life. It's so short because I died as an infant and was replaced by a bisexual robot.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 pm

You know what? I could believe that.

Updated Gun Mod. Removed odd camera offset until I can get it right. Enjoy, ya bunch of whiney dicks. Just kiddin', love ya guys! :lol:
GunMod - a171 - Korban3.zip
(40.69 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
NOTE: Changed controls from using "control" to aim, to using "g". Figured I'd go with the trend, so how it feels ;) Also changed the animation. Still silly, but now it won't cause you to throw your weapon. At least, it shouldn't...

kingbonghogg

Post by kingbonghogg » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 am

SteelRaven7 wrote:
kingbonghogg wrote:your tackle mod sucks, all you do is ragdoll yourself into the enemy
I hear that's what you do when you tackle somebody, but please share your own personal experiences!
im just saying it would be more realistic with a diving like animation

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:37 am

Korban3 wrote: Removed odd camera offset until I can get it right.
The way to do it right, at least the way I did it in my telekinesis mod was this:

Add the following code in the if(!shared_cam) {} statement (IE around line 4420-4430 somewhere)

Code: Select all

cam_center -= 1.0f*cross(vec3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f), camera.GetFacing());
Where 1.0f is the offset in meters from the original position. Try it, works great!
kingbonghogg wrote:im just saying it would be more realistic with a diving like animation
I agree, but there's unfortunately no way to add animations right now, since the import/export scripts are broken even for the version of blender they are supposed to work for. It has a kind of clutching animation though, turner often strikes with his elbow first.

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Total double post incoming!

Made a camera mod that follows any thrown weapon and slows down time for just a bit if it hits with a sharp edge.

http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads. ... ra_mod.zip

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:52 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:
Korban3 wrote: Removed odd camera offset until I can get it right.
The way to do it right, at least the way I did it in my telekinesis mod was this:

Add the following code in the if(!shared_cam) {} statement (IE around line 4420-4430 somewhere)

Code: Select all

cam_center -= 1.0f*cross(vec3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f), camera.GetFacing());
Where 1.0f is the offset in meters from the original position. Try it, works great!
ker-snip
Fuuu-
Vectors, man. I still don't have a complete understanding of how to work with them. Thanks for the code. A ton simpler than what I had been trying to implement, Haha.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 pm

So progress is being made? YAY! And with the lighting eyes thing david added, shooting should be easier, right? or does that only auto-aim? I have no idea what is does.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:11 pm

It just finds all the enemies near the play and zaps them. It's fairly simple with the functions David has written. It's mostly a demo to show off the new Execute() function. Before he made that, the only way to directly effect specific characters other than this_mo was by passing them a int or float function with one argument. It was fairly limited. Execute allows you to pass any character an arbitrary string of code very easily. Similar job, but it works differently. My mod is meant to be coincidental, rather than intentional. It's a bit different than how OG's attacks are worked, mostly in that it's more complicated to cause a hit.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm

I was actually talking about the function, but I didn't know what it was :lol:

can't you cast a ray(or something) perpendicular to the camera(?) and if it collides with an enemy character, you can apply a being shot effect(knock back/animation and blood)? I was asking if this function would make that easier, but I didn't know what it did.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:44 pm

That is just too cool SteelRaven7. I can't wait to try that out once I have some time after GDC.

Also adwuga, Korban3, you guys using the same icon is really throwing me off here :lol:

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm not sure if that would work. I need it to only pick the nearest collision in that line. Raycast is for checking for collisions between two points. So the end point must be known, which my whole issue is in finding. I could use the raycast to check the shot once that point at the reticle is known, but I don't know if there is a SlidingSphereCollision() function that will hit characters too. If there was, I'd use that instead. It was my original intent anyways. I could use cut line, but It might hit many enemies at once or go through a wall, so I doubt it'd be good for this application. It comes down to the fact that OG was not made with guns in mind, so this becomes and difficult mod to do.

I didn't ask for this, and it's getting ka-razy.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:01 pm

You did ask for this. Just not literally. Could you make a raycast from [Insert whatever works best] to each NPC, then check its direction? Also, if you feel like it's too much, go ahead and quit. Then live with that for the rest of your life. :P
Johannes wrote:Also adwuga, Korban3, you guys using the same icon is really throwing me off here :lol:
Have you seen Jack? Also I find it offensive and racist that Korban is capitalized but Adwuga is not. Also, it's avatar, not icon.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Confusing.jpg
Also, adwuga, it's probably because your username isn't capitalized to begin with.