Receiver Freezing/Skipping

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
eagleeyes

Receiver Freezing/Skipping

Post by eagleeyes » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:46 pm

As I am playing Receiver occasionally my game will freeze for a second and then unfreeze. I feel like it may have something to do with the world generating. I can run games like BF3 on High graphics with no problem, I don't see why this game skips when I play it. Anyone else get this or know how to fix it? It has caused me to die many times because it will freeze and a turret will be around the corner and shoot me.

Djemps

Re: Receiver Freezing/Skipping

Post by Djemps » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:20 pm

It probably freezes when you enter a new room for the first time. Can't say exactly how to fix it, but just take a little more care exploring new regions. :wink:

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:02 pm

It definitely is the world loading. It's screwed me a few times. The damn kill drones are always hiding in corners >.>

eagleeyes

Post by eagleeyes » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Haha yeah. It can be very frustrating. I haven't gotten passed 4 tapes because it keeps skipping in the worst possible moment.

Luminc

Post by Luminc » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 am

It loads an adjoining room just as you enter that room, so take care entering new rooms ( crouching, small movements ). But it would be helpful if the loading is done more fluidly

edit: Anton said in another post that they're working on background loading so this should be resolved next patch

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:37 am

Luminc wrote:It loads an adjoining room just as you enter that room, so take care entering new rooms ( crouching, small movements ). But it would be helpful if the loading is done more fluidly

edit: Anton said in another post that they're working on background loading so this should be resolved next patch

If you read David's to do list on his github repository, one of the things he added was, "Hard: - background loading of new tiles" . So it his on his list. However, it's further down his list, so I don't know when he will be implementing it.