"Transmiter" Ideas for prequel to Receiver

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Groenendael72

Re: "Transmiter" Ideas for prequel to Receiver

Post by Groenendael72 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:07 pm

zzwerty wrote:
Anton wrote:
zzwerty wrote:One of the tapes in receiver is blank.
Have you not been able to hear the voice on the cleartape?
What, the guy going sort of 'Aauhauhguahaaaaaaaaah'? in some indian singing voice?
Or am I just not awake yet...
Riverkiller wrote:
gamowfun wrote:What if at the end, before you get the last tape to record on, you are killed, hence the empty tape.
The tape is not empty! You just can't start making sense of it/hear the voice until you hear it a couple of times.
^ Don't try to actually restart the tape, it doesn't work, trust me I tried.
Also, what's a 'Transmiter'?
What if the "Aauhauhguahaaaaaaaaah" is actually you dying from being shot by a sentry drone?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:39 am

Groenendael7 wrote: What if the "Aauhauhguahaaaaaaaaah" is actually you dying from being shot by a sentry drone?
If you would listen to the tapes, you'd learn that the "cleartape" is a tape that you start to hear voices from after a few sessions. God damn, pay attention to the story.

Riverkiller

Post by Riverkiller » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:30 pm

You guys need to really get in depth in the game's story, before you try and come up with 'ideas'.
We've said it, that the Cleartape isn't empty! The first time you listen to it, you can't filter it because you are still somewhat brainwashed. While this doesn't play out in Receiver(because all the tapes are in random order, the first tape regardless should be clear I'm assuming), it's the story.

Noz

Post by Noz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 pm

With this sort of extremely detailed gun-combat, really the only thing that appeals to me is player-vs-player. Imagine the excitement of finding cover to reload your gun after it gets jammed while another player advances on you down a dark corridor. Or, imagine mastering a bullet ricochet and using it on your friends.

Now imagine all that with Occulus Rift support and a tracked gun controller.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Noz wrote:With this sort of extremely detailed gun-combat, really the only thing that appeals to me is player-vs-player. Imagine the excitement of finding cover to reload your gun after it gets jammed while another player advances on you down a dark corridor. Or, imagine mastering a bullet ricochet and using it on your friends.

Have you considered paintball? It might be better suited to your needs ;)

Riverkiller

Post by Riverkiller » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Anton wrote:
Noz wrote:With this sort of extremely detailed gun-combat, really the only thing that appeals to me is player-vs-player. Imagine the excitement of finding cover to reload your gun after it gets jammed while another player advances on you down a dark corridor. Or, imagine mastering a bullet ricochet and using it on your friends.

Have you considered paintball? It might be better suited to your needs ;)
Anton's right. Paintball is by far my favorite sport, and it is a VERY fun one. If I could do one thing for a living, it would be either paintball or gaming on YouTube.
Airsoft is more suited to military simulation, but Paintball is MUCH better in my opinion.(not that it matters)
Also, Noz, there is someone *attempting* to put Receiver's game mechanics into the source engine.
If you want to see this, although he hasn't updated us, click here

Groenendael72

Post by Groenendael72 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:08 pm

AmorphousGamer wrote:
Groenendael7 wrote: What if the "Aauhauhguahaaaaaaaaah" is actually you dying from being shot by a sentry drone?
If you would listen to the tapes, you'd learn that the "cleartape" is a tape that you start to hear voices from after a few sessions. God damn, pay attention to the story.
But the tape has nothing on it, even if you listen to it many times, the joke was that there was nothing actually on it, just you dying.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Groenendael72 wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:
But the tape has nothing on it, even if you listen to it many times, the joke was that there was nothing actually on it, just you dying.
There is something on the tape. It's just VERY quiet...

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Groenendael72 wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:
I truly wonder how you people can start thinking up entirely new stories and backstories for games YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T SPEND ANY TIME IN.
The cleartape, as far as the story is concerned, IS NOT CLEAR. It has information on it that you can only hear once you have listened to it for many sessions and cleared your mind of the evil corrupt media which has been brainwashing you. Now fuck off until you play the game and get a grasp on the story. Jeez.

JohnPotato

Post by JohnPotato » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:40 pm

You should have somekind of a silencer for the guns

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:07 am

JohnPotato wrote:You should have somekind of a silencer for the guns
First off, this isn't the place for that suggestion.
Second, why would you want a silencer? What purpose would it serve? There's no muzzle flash to suppress. The enemies don't react to sound. All a silencer would do is SOMETIMES obscure your view. Why would you want that?

drako125

Post by drako125 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Timbles wrote:that would be just as bad as the ending of slender.
But its better then just having an empty tape isnt it?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:10 pm

drako125 wrote:
Timbles wrote:that would be just as bad as the ending of slender.
But its better then just having an empty tape isnt it?
I actually didn't notice this post the first time around.
And all I have to say to it is . . . god damn you're stupid.

Spadkins

Post by Spadkins » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:(talking about the original post here)
The stupidity. It burns.
AmorphousGamer wrote: If you would listen to the tapes, you'd learn that the "cleartape" is a tape that you start to hear voices from after a few sessions. God damn, pay attention to the story.
AmorphousGamer wrote: I truly wonder how you people can start thinking up entirely new stories and backstories for games YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T SPEND ANY TIME IN.
The cleartape, as far as the story is concerned, IS NOT CLEAR. It has information on it that you can only hear once you have listened to it for many sessions and cleared your mind of the evil corrupt media which has been brainwashing you. Now fuck off until you play the game and get a grasp on the story. Jeez.
AmorphousGamer wrote: First off, this isn't the place for that suggestion.
Second, why would you want a silencer? What purpose would it serve? There's no muzzle flash to suppress. The enemies don't react to sound. All a silencer would do is SOMETIMES obscure your view. Why would you want that?
AmorphousGamer wrote: I actually didn't notice this post the first time around.
And all I have to say to it is . . . god damn you're stupid.
Jesus Christ, it pisses me off how much of a complete brat you are. Maybe they're new. Maybe they're mistaken. Maybe they ARE stupid. But it's not your place to call them that. Quit flaming everybody for no good reason.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Spadkins wrote:Quit flaming everybody for no good reason.
It isn't flaming. When someone makes a fucking retarded post, they need to be told that. No exceptions.