Possible Additions for Next Receiver Build

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Pokieboy

Re: Possible Additions for Next Receiver Build

Post by Pokieboy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:13 am

Chainsaw man wrote:And Hands... Ill Model hands for you If you need them guys!
Chainsaw Man has a lot of experience with hands... Oh my.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 am

Yea... Girls love a guy whos good with his hands :lol: :P

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:31 am

Chainsaw man wrote:Yea... Girls love a guy whos good with his hands :lol: :P
I think everyone likes a guy who's good with his hands.

In fact, I think everyone likes a girl who's good with her hands as well.

In fact, I think being skilled in the use of one's own hands is quite an appreciable virtue in a day and age where...

Wait, are we talking about something sexual?

Because if we are I think my original three points in this post still stand. The only difference being that I'll feel like the last horse to cross the finish line if we are and an utterly disturbed perverted little creeper if we aren't.
Last edited by Coincidence on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strkl

Post by Strkl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:46 pm

I would love more emphasis on the background and story, like computers, charts, paper, stuff everywhere detailling where we are, who are the bad guys and stuff

Jellydonut

Post by Jellydonut » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Strkl wrote:I would love more emphasis on the background and story, like computers, charts, paper, stuff everywhere detailling where we are, who are the bad guys and stuff
I agree. I kinda get lost when they're using all these terms like Mindtech and Dreamers and whatnot.
Coincidence wrote: What good would an SMG be in this game?
I was just explaining an idea. I do agree that an SMG would be quite pointless in this game, except for the stupid charging tazerbots when they aren't floating around like sitting ducks. A rifle of some sort would be nice though.

By the way, has anyone actually gotten all 11 tapes?

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:51 am

Jellydonut wrote:
Strkl wrote:I would love more emphasis on the background and story, like computers, charts, paper, stuff everywhere detailling where we are, who are the bad guys and stuff
I agree. I kinda get lost when they're using all these terms like Mindtech and Dreamers and whatnot
I believe that's an intentual thing. The game is about Spiritualist Jamestown dwelling fugnuts if they happens to be "right" about there beliefs.

***EDIT:

HEY.... whos up for Chainsaws being implemented into Receiver?"

Coincidence

Post by Coincidence » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:43 am

Chainsawman wants chainsaws...

Coincidence?

I think not.

Pokieboy

Post by Pokieboy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:24 am

Hahaha oh my this got tangential quickly!

I do wish the forum had a 'go to guy' that surfed through the forum and relayed potentially interesting ideas. I guess at the moment our only hope for such implementations is if a modder goes crazy and does it all themselves :lol:

MooseHead

Post by MooseHead » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:01 am

This game needs a Mosin Nagant, or other bolt-action rifle.
Hit dat Z button to raise the bolt, hit E to bring it back, R to push rounds into the internal mag, E to bring the bolt forward and then Z again to close it down.

hnggg

Pokieboy

Post by Pokieboy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 am

MooseHead wrote:This game needs a Mosin Nagant, or other bolt-action rifle.
Hit dat Z button to raise the bolt, hit E to bring it back, R to push rounds into the internal mag, E to bring the bolt forward and then Z again to close it down.
If the bullet could essentially 1 shot from a hit, or had a scope, I would just... buckets... :shock:

This here is a fucking great idea. You sir... *shakes fist in admiration* :D

TheCGMaximum

Post by TheCGMaximum » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 am

A shotgun would be useful for taking out tazer-bots for those hailmary "I'm gonna die!" moments and to balance the gun out maybe you can only find one bullet at a time.

MooseHead

Post by MooseHead » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 pm

TheCGMaximum wrote:A shotgun would be useful for taking out tazer-bots for those hailmary "I'm gonna die!" moments and to balance the gun out maybe you can only find one bullet at a time.
Or slightly better, have a Serbu Super Shorty Shotty. They have a 3-shell capacity, so the cap/power will be evenly balanced out.
Add in the panic and possibility of hitting E instead of Z when reloading shells and you'll have a pretty balanced weapon.
Pokieboy wrote: This here is a fucking great idea. You sir... *shakes fist in admiration* :D
Haha, thanks a lot :3

jonnythejew

Post by jonnythejew » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I think there should be a rifle or something, a gun that is not a handgun. Then you have to find ammo for that as well.
A rifle eh? I think that'd start to venture away from the game's original design though. As much as I would love to have the ability to maybe carry a rifle (scoped) and a handgun as a sidearm... I think that'd make the game a little too generic even though the concept is still original?
What if you were to find parts of the rifle scattered around the map, and you would have to put it together when you find all the pieces? That's not very generic! :lol: Of course, it'd be extremely hard to acquire, but it would be worth it.

Synapse

Post by Synapse » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:20 pm

I always thought it would be cool if you could find a screwdriver then unscrew a live turret from it's base(from behind of course, holding it's gun to keep it from turning) then fire it by putting your finger in front of the camera. It would also work as a light because of those blue LEDs on the gun.
(This would be a pretty big advantage, so the screwdriver would have to be pretty uncommon)
This feature would also put an emphasis on improvisation, which is good.
Any thoughts?

Pokieboy

Post by Pokieboy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:20 am

Synapse wrote:I always thought it would be cool if you could find a screwdriver then unscrew a live turret from it's base(from behind of course, holding it's gun to keep it from turning) then fire it by putting your finger in front of the camera. It would also work as a light because of those blue LEDs on the gun.
(This would be a pretty big advantage, so the screwdriver would have to be pretty uncommon)
This feature would also put an emphasis on improvisation, which is good.
Any thoughts?
I do like the idea of a screwdriver actually, but taking the whole turret gun with you would be a little... overpowered and a bit random :lol: I'd like it if that screwdriver could be used with my ideas, in that you can get the batteries and bullets from the drones if you've found this screwdriver? :D That way you'd have to struggle a bit as usual before you can reap the rewards of murdering a turret on low ammunition.
jonnythejew wrote:What if you were to find parts of the rifle scattered around the map, and you would have to put it together when you find all the pieces? That's not very generic! :lol: Of course, it'd be extremely hard to acquire, but it would be worth it.
I liked this idea and the Mosin Nagant idea so much that I edited a new part into my main post on the first page. Keep these ideas coming guys, I really do like this rifle idea! :twisted:

Tempted to add the screwdriver idea too, however all these cool additions are going to make the floor in Receiver look like a junk yard soon if there's so many cool things lying around :P