Possible Additions for Next Receiver Build

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
tbf2992

Re: Possible Additions for Next Receiver Build

Post by tbf2992 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Shotguns are a neat idea but like I've said earlier in this thread, choosing a damage model for a shotgun is always an awkward debate in most shooters. :|

How do you want the damage calculated? What is the effective range of the pellets/slug? :)

I have heard the gun is not great, but from a game's perspective, it's the mechanics and feel I'm interested in. Face it, if you're going into action with a bolt action, you know you've got your work cut out for you. As long as the bolt is actuated manually by key presses, then I'm a happy camper! :lol: And considering that the game uses cassettes, it'd seem more fitting to have an older bolt action rifle than one of the newer, more used ones today. :)

I'm open to suggestions, it's just I feel an 'in-game' scoped Mosin Nagant would fit nicely if it gave the player some ranged advantage. :wink:
Shadow207B2 wrote:
baldwinkids6 wrote:How bout this?
This actually makes much more sense than a mosin nagant...
As I said earlier, that is a very nice looking gun, and I'd love to see more unique handguns like that implemented, what I don't see though is why it'd replace a Mosin Nagant :? The reason I want that implemented is because it can be scoped for range and is awful up close. So it wouldn't be your primary weapon unless you wanted to really challenge yourself. 8)

Well I get what you're going for pokie. And I have to agree that the mechanics of the game are what's really important. Maybe I just have a hard on for a 1914 Mauser. I've shot a lot of these guns for real including Mauser and Moisin Nagant, and I have to say despite the rather elegant look of an MN, it's an extremely inaccurate gun which may be desirable since the object of these suggestions seems to be "make this game as difficult as possible." As for an AR-15, they've been around since 1962, before cassettes ever made it to the shelves. You wouldn't think it but it's a 60 year old platform that is in use for a reason. But maybe if you spawned with a weapon that was effective up to 600 yards and had a 30 round clip, it might make the game to easy. As for mechanics of a shotgun, there is real world mechanics that are applicable. Look up damage-to-distance ratios according to gauges and decide wether or not you want choked barrels (smaller spread, longer distance) or a bored barrel (wide spread, shorter distance). Oh and i'd like a hammer to smash turret bots. Why waste time with a screwdriver when you can just smash the pricks open and grab bullets and batteries? Faster and less complicated.

Naznin

Post by Naznin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:29 pm

If you need good quality lights specially for ship I can recommend you this website.

Click Here to Visit

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Naznin wrote:If you need good quality lights specially for ship I can recommend you this website.

Click Here to Visit
Why was this spam approved?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Timbles wrote:
Naznin wrote:If you need good quality lights specially for ship I can recommend you this website.

Click Here to Visit
Why was this spam approved?
That wasn't the first post from the user...