Multiplayer Implementation is happening.

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Multiplayer Implementation is happening.

Post by Constance » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 pm

It would be awesome to play with another friend, sharing ammo and all.

baldwinkids6

Post by baldwinkids6 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Timbles wrote:It would be awesome to play with another friend, sharing ammo and all.
Yeah it would!

baldwinkids6

Post by baldwinkids6 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Anything new?

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:29 am

Receiver with multiplayer and oculus rift, this fps game made in a week will be the best fps game ever made

suxel33

Post by suxel33 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Lemme guess this mods dead now

Dovakhiin

Post by Dovakhiin » Wed May 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Just signed up to relay how super excited I am for this project.

I really hope it comes to fruition. :D

Really really!

liampieman

Post by liampieman » Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 pm

no, infact I play this game a lot

YoSoyGato

Post by YoSoyGato » Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 am

berq wrote:
Shadow207B2 wrote:
SPITFIRE118xxx wrote:I think it should be more COOP because a receiver killing a receiver is against the story kinda. :/
I thought that was what he was adding?
I would not enjoy a PvP Receiver multiplayer :|
He hasn't said anything specific about who you're supposed to shoot in multiplayer, only that there's shooting involved. And simply getting two+ players participating in a synchronous world would require a lot more work than defining what they're to do in that world. My guess is that CoOp or PvP isn't a big concern yet. I'd only suggest that since he's made the avatar a simple capsule and that he refers to the drones as "enemies," if there's a current focus, it's probably on cooperative play.

Either way, here are my first two thoughts on multiplayer Receiver:
  • Given the Buddhist/Hindu undertones of the plot, wouldn't PvP - trying to prevent other humans from attaining enlightenment - be extremely bad karma?
  • I LOVE the idea of one player being the decoy in a CoOp game! With the decoy at 9 o'clock and the shooter at 6, taking out turret cameras would be a breeze! And certainly volunteering to be a decoy would earn some good karma, wouldn't it? And does in-game karma transfer to real life? And is there an exchange rate?
    I'm not entirely sure how the system works.
I was kind of hoping for a COD Black Ops Zombies Versus type of multiplayer

COMBAT
You have the option of helping each other or not, but you cannot kill each other, only bots can do that. Instead, when a player shots another player, the player receiving the shot(see what I did there?) would be slowed/stunned for a second or two.

TAPES
Tapes will only be absorbed by one player, but the player must find a certain room that contains a stationary audio player. Stealing tapes is possible but I don't have any ideas how a player would steal a tape(maybe if they're slowed/stunned?).

ITEMS
I think items should spawn every couple of seconds, but in a room with no one in it. That way the entire map won't run out of ammo to give to players.

This all just a couple ideas I have. I don't expect them to be implemented, but it would be nice. Feel free to make changes.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Sat May 04, 2013 12:24 pm

YoSoyGato wrote: I was kind of hoping for a COD Black Ops Zombies Versus type of multiplayer

die

epicmud7

Post by epicmud7 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:05 pm

I have a few ideas for later on, these probably shouldn't be implemented in the mod at first though, as it would probably take even longer to complete it.
Who says we need only one game mode? There could be Co-op, team deathmatch and all of those other fun things.
Also, everyone is insisting it has to fit in with lore. So how about this is a whole separate story line? Imagine this:
The Mindkill Event has happened, and there are a few human survivors. You have banded together with a group of survivors, tasked with taking out the remaining rogue killbots. However, the evil behind Mindkill is still at large. It is working in the shadows, and it has created a new breed of 'Killbots', humanoids armed with different sorts of guns.
You could have TDM between the new Killbots and humans, and various other game modes. You could also have co-op, sweeping through buildings to destroy a remaining group of rogue killbots. This would be like the singleplayer mode we already have, just with friends and instead of collecting tapes you only need to kill all the drones.
But hey, I'm just throwing around random ideas here. Please correct me on anything here, I tried to make it fit into the lore as much as possible, but I'm not entirely fluent on the lore. :mrgreen:

liampieman

Post by liampieman » Fri May 10, 2013 3:24 pm

This sounds awesome BUT, I would like to see some progress if possible please, I mean if it looks good which I am hoping that a multiplayer coop mod will be made for this game. anyway GOOD LUCK! :D

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Mon May 13, 2013 8:47 am

this project is probably dead, too bad, was looking forward for this :(

baldwinkids6

Post by baldwinkids6 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Parco Folgore wrote:this project is probably dead, too bad, was looking forward for this :(
Yeah me too........ :cry:

Wolfhaw33

Post by Wolfhaw33 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:44 pm

aww, i was looking forward to this. :(

henpenben

Post by henpenben » Tue May 21, 2013 11:11 pm

It's not dead. I checked his youtube two weeks ago; he said another update in 2-3 months. :D