The most badass room clearing in Receiver ever

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

The most badass room clearing in Receiver ever

Post by Constance » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Fuckin' Awesome, Right?

Sushin

Re: The most badass room clearing in Receiver ever

Post by Sushin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 am

Sorry but that's neither entertaining nor a display of skill. I personally burst into every room guns blazing with an astonishing survival rate of about 10%. Regardless, at least 5% of the 10% of the time where I do live is quite more interesting than this video.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:58 am

I felt it was pretty badass. I've never actually taken down every single one of the robots in one room like that.

Sushin

Post by Sushin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Timbles wrote:I felt it was pretty badass. I've never actually taken down every single one of the robots in one room like that.
I tend to play on slomo. It makes the game a lot more fun to me, but with that, I've taken down up to 3 or more bots simultaneously. It's easier when they are in close corners because you can outrun their turning speed.
I noticed though that you don't seem to aim particularly for anything, or at least you shot at an already disabled turret in the beginning. If you shoot the black box on their left side (when they are aiming at you) you will disable their camera outright. It's the easiest and safest way to disable turrets.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 pm

If you sheet the green box, then you'd stop them from shooting. It's a pretty big target.

Sushin

Post by Sushin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Timbles wrote:If you sheet the green box, then you'd stop them from shooting. It's a pretty big target.
Yes, but they also are still completely functional, meaning you can't actually tell if they are broken (with disabling the camera they can't beep anymore) and they have one chambered bullet they can fire at you, and of course it only takes one to die.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm

i am usually accurate enough to shoot the boxes, it's only very rarely that i miss without knowing.

Katemonster

Post by Katemonster » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 am

I always aim for the base to hit the motor and battery. The problem with shooting out the gun is that it can still fire a few shots before it completely breaks.

likemecake202

Post by likemecake202 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:07 pm

I've gone into a room with a glock semi-automatic and shot one of the flying drone's in like 3 seconds and killed it. And then later on I saw 3 or 4 more and 2 came charging at me I ran into the door way after running past the vent and made the robot smack into the wall and fall into the space between the vent and the wall. I also took them all out in 1 shot.... Hmmm. Seem's like this 10 year old just broke your record.

LazyAmerican

Post by LazyAmerican » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm

I always shoot the green box on the turrents.....they never fire back after that. However, it can be dangerous to leave them there with their "beeping" going on as your backpedaling from a hostile situation in another room. Caused me to fall to my death once.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:03 pm

LazyAmerican wrote:I always shoot the green box on the turrents.....they never fire back after that. However, it can be dangerous to leave them there with their "beeping" going on as your backpedaling from a hostile situation in another room. Caused me to fall to my death once.
You can aim at the white base (not the tripod) to leave a fatal shot so it shuts up.