So, now that it's out on Steam...

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Arrkhal

So, now that it's out on Steam...

Post by Arrkhal » Thu May 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Is the "magic floating cartridge" thing ever going to be fixed? (I realize this has been brought up before) I noticed that one thing has been fixed since I last played the standalone version: pulling the slide back while it's locked back no longer ejects a round straight out of the magazine (at least not most of the time).

So Receiver apparently was updated for Steam, but one huge bug still remains.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: So, now that it's out on Steam...

Post by Anton » Thu May 02, 2013 3:37 pm

If you go watch the videos (in particular the art asset video) you will see that although we had modeled hands for the game, we chose to not include them, as they were obstructing the part of the game that was interesting to look at.

They changed checking the chamber to a "press check" in RC7 (which is still the current build, and has been out since October). Make sure to hold 'T' the entire time, then press "R" to perform the check. From the change log: "- More realistic press-check to see if a round is in the chamber (hold t, then hold r), does not engage slide lock anymore"

Arrkhal

Post by Arrkhal » Thu May 02, 2013 4:47 pm

If you go watch the videos (in particular the art asset video) you will see that although we had modeled hands for the game, we chose to not include them, as they were obstructing the part of the game that was interesting to look at.

They changed checking the chamber to a "press check" in RC7 (which is still the current build, and has been out since October). Make sure to hold 'T' the entire time, then press "R" to perform the check. From the change log: "- More realistic press-check to see if a round is in the chamber (hold t, then hold r), does not engage slide lock anymore"
Um... huh? Neither of those have anything to do with the two bugs I mentioned.

1. With the 1911 or Glock: Lock slide back, insert loaded magazine, remove it. "Magic floating cartridge" remains inside the gun, visible through the ejection port.

2. Lock slide back, insert loaded magazine. Press "rack slide" instead of "slide lock", and a cartridge would eject somehow. (no longer happens every time, only some of the time. No idea how exactly to reproduce, but it seems to be related to holstering the gun repeatedly with the slide locked back)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Arrkhal wrote:

Um... huh? Neither of those have anything to do with the two bugs I mentioned.

1. With the 1911 or Glock: Lock slide back, insert loaded magazine, remove it. "Magic floating cartridge" remains inside the gun, visible through the ejection port.

2. Lock slide back, insert loaded magazine. Press "rack slide" instead of "slide lock", and a cartridge would eject somehow. (no longer happens every time, only some of the time. No idea how exactly to reproduce, but it seems to be related to holstering the gun repeatedly with the slide locked back)
Sorry, I think I misread your post. There was an issue in the past where performing a press check would also eject a magazine, and I thought that's what you were referring to. I agree there are some issues with loading a weapon with the slide open.

(I kinda start glancing over "magic floating" because of how many people complain about the lack of hands... sorry about that... )

Arrkhal

Post by Arrkhal » Thu May 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Easy mistake to make, I guess. I think adding hands would just make it too much like Trespasser, and result in players seeing if they can grope themselves. Not that I ever did that while playing Trespasser. :B

Also after messing around in Receiver a little, I think the reason I thought the round-ejecting glitch was fixed was from messing around without firing the gun. If you get a slide lock from actually shooting, the top round of the next magazine will always eject if you rack the slide while it's locked back. I just lost a round off the edge of the building that way. :( Also ran into a bug where racking the slide would leave it locked back, even though the magazine had 1 round left. Seemed to be related to manually cycling live rounds.

(edit: and while I'm complaining, the cylinder in the revolver shouldn't be able to spin at all with the hammer down. The cylinder should only be able to spin if you hold the hammer about halfway, and it should only be able to spin clockwise [since it appears the revolver rotates the cylinder clockwise, like a Colt, normally] if you're doing that. It also shouldn't be possible to open the cylinder while the hammer is cocked.)

Well, I can only hope some of these bugs get fixed, now that it's on steam.

luckywin90

Post by luckywin90 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:24 pm

Much like you do when you play Wordle, begin a quordle game by typing your first 5-letter guess into the empty boxes on your screen. Each guess you make is counted in all 4 Quordle quadrants. You must correctly guess all 4 words within 9 tries, so choose wisely.