Problem - Quantum movement in Aim

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
ToastyToast

Problem - Quantum movement in Aim

Post by ToastyToast » Mon May 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Whenever I aim, my gun moves not smoothly, but by quantum movements. If I am aiming just under the flat piece on the turret, the smallest amount I can move up will be a little above the flat piece. I am running this on a MAC so I have to run the resolution at the lowest setting. However, I tried the highest resolution and I got the same result (but it looked better and was slower). Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution to it? If there is no solution, can someone at least post a sympathetic "I feel your pain" meme?

Thank you.

KaMaKaZZZ

Re: Problem - Quantum movement in Aim

Post by KaMaKaZZZ » Tue May 21, 2013 8:47 am

I'm also playing on a mac and I don't believe I have that problem, aiming works fine... Perhaps it's a problem with your mouse?

I honestly wouldn't know too much about this, but figured I'd reply to let you know it's not necessarily the game.

Hexicube

Post by Hexicube » Tue May 21, 2013 8:59 am

Sounds like you have a particularly inaccurate mouse, by which I mean the precision on your mouse sucks and it only reports less steps of bigger movement. You could try a different mouse...

ToastyToast

Post by ToastyToast » Tue May 21, 2013 11:53 am

Thank you for your replies.

The problem is presumably not my mouse since my mouse aims finely in other games like TF2. Any other ideas? Could sensitivity have a role in it?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Tue May 21, 2013 8:09 pm

It sounds like the sensitivity may be set too high -- have you tried reducing it? Every time the mouse reports that it has moved one point, then it moves in the game by (one point * mouse sensitivity), so decreasing mouse sensitivity should decrease the size of the smallest possible movement. Different mice also have different resolution, so a high-res gaming mouse might also help with this kind of issue.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 pm

If David reply's to your post, you must be special. :wink: