This should be developed

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
tsumake

This should be developed

Post by tsumake » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:52 am

After seeing a video about this game, I purchased a copy on Steam. I was so impressed by the experience that I had register for this board and comment. Receiver has the kind of mechanic that games should explore. My hats off to Wolfire games for creating something so simple yet wonderfully specific. While seemingly cumbersome at first, having a key guide makes the learning process effortless. And the sense of preparation needed, checking your magazine, reloading, having your ammo readily available, adds a nice prelude to the immediate action.

I know this is meant as a mere tech demo, but this concept has to be explored. If incorporated in a multiplayer scenario, for example, you could create a situation more tense than counterstrike. In a single player scenario, you finally create a game that Robinson's Requiem or Deus was trying to do. I know that Wolfire games is concentrating on other projects, but Receiver could be springboard to something interesting, and profitable.

Again, I'm brand new to the board and I've seen people starting to mod the game and I can't wait for the results. But, Wolfire Games, you did it - you found a way to closely replicate the shooting experience without it being boring or cumbersome. I'd do something with it before some Swede decides to sell alpha versions of it ;).

AmorphousGamer

Re: This should be developed

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:38 pm

I agree, this game is amazing. Pretty much instantly made Wolfire my favorite indie developer. Hopefully after OG is pretty much done, they can start to put more time into other projects. Receiver and Desperate Gods are two games I'd really love to see them go work on. Low Light Combat as well. That has a lot of potential.