Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
ArgenGuy

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Nov. 16th

Post by ArgenGuy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:01 am

The Beretta M9. Nice! If implemented, it would be the first double-action pistol for the game. If it will feature a functional safety, know that it's a decocker type of safety, ergo it drops the hammer every time you engage it, so it cannot be carried cocked n' locked like the M1911.

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:56 am

Hey thanks,
I modelled a lot separately trying to make it as close to "mechanically" possible and the smaller bits are floating geometry so if skinned the safety on the slide can have a bone attached to it and animated.
Attachments
beretta m9 marmoset.jpg

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 am

Hey guys,
Be sure to (not) implement the gun into the game as of yet unless you want an outdated looking model, I'm adding better sights and also adding UV's on all parts of the model. The model is 2,011 polygons.
Attachments
beretta uv.jpg

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:12 am

Also to those that want more guns like me :) I have an attachment of a folder of a lot of my gun references and if any of you want you can suggest some to me, and or also write the name of any other weapon not on this list, and I will find the weapon references and start working on those once the beretta is done being modelled, Uv unwrapped and textured, I don't have experience with rigging or animtion as well as programming. Thanks.
Attachments
list.jpg

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:10 pm

Andrew1994 wrote:Image

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 am

The Model is done. I hope it works out.
Attachments
beretta_m9.zip
(671.75 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

Volpe77

Post by Volpe77 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Oh. My. God. Thank you SO much Josh for this mod, it's fantastic and i will forever be infinitely thankful for having "revived" Receiver! I was so sad and disappointed when i understood that the developers wouldn't have made other updates for the game, and you made me happy again =D! I REALLY REALLY love Receiver, it's a game with so much potential and it's a pity the developers just abandoned such a killer game =(! Thank you again for your efforts and i hope more pistols will be coming up in the future, for example i would love to be able to use a Mauser C96, a S&W Model 19 combat revolver or a M1 Garand. Again, thank you so much for this mod, it works totally fine and the guns are really detailed. My favourite gun in your mod is without a doubt the Bolt-Action rifle (based on the Karabine 98K, i assume), but i also enjoyed the 870! You did a fantastic job and i'm really happy i found your work ^^! Take care, i'm looking forward to seeing your next additions if you're planning on making other guns for this beautiful game =). Have a great day, thank you again Josh ^^!

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Alkosor wrote:If you've got Team Viewer or a Skype, I can totally let you test it/I'll test it for you on my mac if that speeds up the process! I also really appreciate the quick response time. Best of luck with converting this mod to an OS X version as well as adding future gun models. :D
Ok, that sounds good. It's really no effort on my part, all I have to do is change the target platform in the settings but it's in a half-finished state right now.
-snip-
Also I really liked your suggestion for adding attachments to the guns. I also like the under-barrel torch idea. Perhaps, you could add under barrel laser sights as well, to help aim from the hip? Or add the use of a grip on some guns to reduce vertical recoil, perhaps even a bipod (for the M39 EMR especially) that would decrease the sway or recoil of the gun in the crouched position (since you can't really go prone)? Or some custom red dot sights or scopes? Just brainstorming here...
I don't know about the RPG thing, it would take a decent amount of effort and more assets to use something other than the current levels, everything but the van, targets and canopy things on the range are assets from the game.
I don't think a laser would really be helpful as the gun is mostly pointed forward, I don't think you'd see it unless you're reloading. A flashlight would, sights/scopes can be easily added but aren't really useful outside of the range, I will experiment with some though.
mooseman456 wrote:What happened was that I was stupid and didn't actually copy over the actual executable from the first mod. I did everything else though. Anyway, it works now, so thank you!
Glad you got it figured out, no problem!
Andrew1994 wrote:The Model is done. I hope it works out.
Awesome, I'm not very good at putting textures on models but I will definitely add it, all pistol action types are scripted already so I just need to import it and make a prefab of it. Thanks for making this, looks good!

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Cheers man :) glad I could help. let me know if you want any other weapons done, I just don't want to keep making models and spam this whole forum with weapon models :P

Also just a quick question do the weapons you get, get rigged or is it the action type that makes the weapon move back like slide back, magazine out?

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:19 am

Beretta Magazine (forgot to add it)
Attachments
beretta_Magazine.zip
(111.39 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Oh cool, thanks for the magazine model as well! Any weapons that operate like the ones already in game or like the AK47, M16 or AR15 I can add, so feel free to post any that you like! At the moment there are a few models in the project I haven't added so maybe just wait a few days or so to post them :P

The part movement isn't using any rig or animations, the separate part objects are accessed through script by their name and moved between positions you define with empty objects. The action type just tells the script what parts to look for, what input to check, etc. Like the slide uses 2 empty objects called 'point_slide_start' and 'point_slide_end', their positions are read through script and some basic math is used to find the points inbetween them. It does the same for "poses", like how the gun rotates when the slide locks back after the last round in the mag is fired, or when you raise the shotgun to insert a shell. It makes it really easy to tweak stuff like how far back the slide can move and whatnot, without having to re-animate and import the model.

Alkosor

Post by Alkosor » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Yeah I figured as much about the RPG. Oh well. I was not really looking forward to it. More importantly, please don't delay on the mac conversion of your mod, especially since you said it was a matter of changing the output platform OS. Because I'd love to finally be able to play it.

Also, props to Andrew, I love the Beretta M9 model and I can't wait to see it in game as soon as Josh's done with the OS X conversion and adds it in. Think you could model a rifle, maybe an M16 or Mk. EBR? That would be awesome.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Alkosor wrote:Yeah I figured as much about the RPG. Oh well. I was not really looking forward to it. More importantly, please don't delay on the mac conversion of your mod, especially since you said it was a matter of changing the output platform OS. Because I'd love to finally be able to play it.
Yeah, I will have it out fairly soon, it will be with the next update whenever it is posted. I just need to clean up the project before I can, there's some unadded models just floating on the range right now :P
Volpe77 wrote:-snip-
Weird, I missed your post before. Anyways I'm glad you like it! I dunno if you've looked around but I already have the C96 working in the game, it will be in the next update. Thanks for the encouragement though, nice to hear people are enjoying it!

APsychonaut

Post by APsychonaut » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:23 am

just as an idea, because the game can totally handle it, but what about a rifle with a plastic magazine? like the AUG or the SG553? would just be kinda cool to see it nom the bullets as you fire them, and all.

Andrew1994

Post by Andrew1994 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:31 am

Its entirely possible, but the magazine etc... would need to be textured with an opacity (or alpha map) not sure but only on the parts that need to be transparent. and P90's have it as well. I don't know if all the other mechanics work like if the bullets are animated to feed through the gun entirely, not experienced in coding, or modding receiver, I just do 3D. in any case got the M16 some people wanted. took a few hours to make :)
Attachments
colt_m16.zip
(193.83 KiB) Downloaded 203 times