Lag

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Doors

Lag

Post by Doors » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Ok so basically I have very bad lag on this game Receiver which I got for free with Overgrowth. It looks like a cool game so I want to play it. But the thing is, I can't really play it. It is very slow and I have a very low FPS when I play it, even on lowest graphics settings. I thought it was something with my computer because it is Dual Core so I opened task manager and changed the priority and affinity to use 2 cores. It may of improved it a bit but not too much. Could anyone help me improve? I can also run very demanding games so I am a bit confused about this.

These are my computer specs:
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Graphics Card: GeForce GT 630M

Total RAM: 7.8 GB

APsychonaut

Re: Lag

Post by APsychonaut » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Doors wrote:Ok so basically I have very bad lag on this game Receiver which I got for free with Overgrowth. It looks like a cool game so I want to play it. But the thing is, I can't really play it. It is very slow and I have a very low FPS when I play it, even on lowest graphics settings. I thought it was something with my computer because it is Dual Core so I opened task manager and changed the priority and affinity to use 2 cores. It may of improved it a bit but not too much. Could anyone help me improve? I can also run very demanding games so I am a bit confused about this.

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

the game is notably poorly optimized, but the community's managed to cover it.
josh707's mod both cleans up a lot (though not all) of the lag, and adds four (soon to be more) more weapons to the arsenal.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18709
good luck waking up.

Hibbey

Post by Hibbey » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:26 am

If I'm correct unity graphic settings more or less only tune lighting and such kind of stuff and I dont think, that this is the problem since receiver has not alot of this going on (at least no pixel light - maybe aside from the flashlight). So if you haven't done this you might want to consider lowering the resolution, since receiver uses the gpu quite heavily.

Cheers.

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:54 am

Hibbey wrote:If I'm correct unity graphic settings more or less only tune lighting and such kind of stuff and I dont think, that this is the problem since receiver has not alot of this going on (at least no pixel light - maybe aside from the flashlight). So if you haven't done this you might want to consider lowering the resolution, since receiver uses the gpu quite heavily.

Cheers.
the problem on the graphics side are that actually all lights are rendered as pixel lights and many with cube shadow maps in realtime, but only on fantastic graphics settings. So if you have problems on low graphics settings, you should check out the optimizations as these increase the performance of the scripts and make the game need less cpu resources.

Doors

Post by Doors » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:49 pm

APsychonaut wrote:
Doors wrote:Ok so basically I have very bad lag on this game Receiver which I got for free with Overgrowth. It looks like a cool game so I want to play it. But the thing is, I can't really play it. It is very slow and I have a very low FPS when I play it, even on lowest graphics settings. I thought it was something with my computer because it is Dual Core so I opened task manager and changed the priority and affinity to use 2 cores. It may of improved it a bit but not too much. Could anyone help me improve? I can also run very demanding games so I am a bit confused about this.

the game is notably poorly optimized, but the community's managed to cover it.
josh707's mod both cleans up a lot (though not all) of the lag, and adds four (soon to be more) more weapons to the arsenal.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18709
good luck waking up.
I will try this. Thanks for your help.