C# conversion, also Hi everyone!

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
MOLITHAL

C# conversion, also Hi everyone!

Post by MOLITHAL » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:43 am

EDIT: I did it! Thousands of lines of js converted painstakingly to C# in the 2 days i predicted it would take! Did most of it live on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/molithal

EDIT 2: For those interested in the process, i wrote an editor script which allows me to select all 4000+ gameobjects in the hierarchy and look through all the scripts attached to them, and if they match one of the C# scripts i converted, it copies over all the inspector references over from the js script to the C# script and then removes the js script. Super handy, took me a few days to write but saved me immense time.

So after all this was done i FINALLY got it running in C#!

A few issues i noticed right away, the rotation and movement speed of the turrets and drones are really slow. Also, you jump like you're on the moon for some reason and landing from your jump kills you :lol: so code needs to be retweaked to work in Unity 5

EDIT 3: The repo is up on GITHub for anyone to download if you want to work on the C# version. I'm super busy these days working on a new project at work, plus i'm hooked on Rust in my limited free time.

Original Post below:

I've known about Receiver for a couple years now but only got round to first playing it a week ago during the Steam Summer Sales.

Took me 7 hours before i got my first completion and i must say, this is by far one of the greatest things i have ever played! The atmosphere is incredible and you really get sucked into the whole Receiver world.

So being an app developer myself, i decided i'd recreate the gun mechanics in Unity for the fun of it, until i noticed the project was open source... WOW!

Does there already exist a C# version of this project? Cursory searches came up with no results so i've decided to convert all the code into C# with a little optimising here and there (caching GetComponents for e.g.). Hopefully i can get it all done this weekend, i’ll be uploading the C# version for anyone else to d/l once i’m done.

I have an interesting idea i want to see if i can implement once the conversion is done :wink:
Last edited by MOLITHAL on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silverfish

Re: C# conversion, also Hi everyone!

Post by Silverfish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:45 pm

This is really cool! Looking forward to seeing your new additions!

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:24 am

Raven did most of this stuff already and he's making a fleshed out remake of it. He really could use help with coding! https://steamcommunity.com/groups/3dRavensDomain is the link to the steamgroup. He made a steamgroup because the original thread got out of hand. Not to write off all your work but i'm just trying to get people to help raven since a lot of people have been waiting for his remake and he told me he needed help with coding :). I contributed to the project as well with a shooting range.

luckywin90

Post by luckywin90 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:20 am

Your writing is excellent, so allow me to share a little of myself. One of the best available limitless running games is trap the cat. Control your ball as you compete in a fast ramp race to see how far you can climb the leaderboard.