Desperate Gods

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Tpoe

Re: Desperate Gods

Post by Tpoe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:07 am

You needed to make this game require a wolfire games account or something, I had a guy named Omega Troll join in the middle of a game and screw everything up, I suppose it is our fault for making the name the same as the password, but still that guy should get like banned or something along those lines.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:36 am

Suggestion: commands

Operator
- /kick
- /ban

User
- /me (for fun)

Any more?

Leslandes

Post by Leslandes » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:31 am

Suggestions:
GUI Improvement:

Chat - (Currently it obscuring red player inventory while zoomed out)
Fade out recent messages after a few seconds after typing/receiving them. Press enter to chat make them appear again (scrolling through recent chat would be good too).

Ingame Menu - Press 'ESC' to see Quit Game/Restart Game (prevent accident since there's no confirmations). Add Player List to manage other players (kick/ban).

Regarding to kick/ban player, can you make the game save the board state as the player enter? So after you kick them (because they like physics), you can have the board as they were before.

For example when kicking them, this confirmation pop up...

"Are you sure you wanna kick/ban this guy and restore board as they were before?
1. Yes and yes.
2. Yes, but keep the board the way they are now.
3. Not really, I actually like him."

Of course other player can't enter for a moment while this pop-up, because it ruins the save state and unable to restore them.

Misc:

Of course this game need more commands binded to the mouse. For the injured/disabled/messy hand(eating). Configurable keys are welcomed too.

Scroll in/out: Zoom in/zoom out (need to add side screen scrolls while zoomed in and locked cursor in windowed mode)
Right button: Toggle between readable (same as 'R') and "face down and rotate" state.
Middle button: (Depending on card orientation, assuming starting at face up readable card) Rotate > rotate > rotate > rotate > flip > rotate > rotate > rotate > rotate > flip.... etc.

That's it for now. :)

Hallonkaka

Post by Hallonkaka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

Quick Question: All the "Move D6 squares forward"-squares, they mean that I have to roll one dice to see how many steps I take?

arguing rules online is fun :)

fdsysdyt

Post by fdsysdyt » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:12 am

I'm so looking forward to this becoming THE project for unlicensed board game adaptations.
This could be huge. How easy is this to mod for non coders?

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:13 am

Another awesome game from WF, ur game mechanics continues to amaze me.
I got one idea for another board game with these mechanics: dualmaster. :p

Keep up the good work.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:45 am

Hallonkaka wrote:Quick Question: All the "Move D6 squares forward"-squares, they mean that I have to roll one dice to see how many steps I take?

arguing rules online is fun :)
Yes. This is common board game/role playing terminology, most familiar to people that have played D&D or other similar role playing games. However, I have seen many people not know that terminology, so it might be good to have in the rule set.

Grakiao

Post by Grakiao » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Hey as other users have suggested, can you add some commands like:
/kick [Player name]
/ban [Player name]
This would be really useful to play with people without having to make a pass worded server.

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:07 pm

When you look at the outcome of the entire game, it's a boasting match. =D
who ever has the most victory points wins. It's like you play D&D first and this game is you telling tales over ale at a pub afterwards.
Player 1:"Yeah I killed like 2 million monsters and some of them we're really huge."
Player 2:" pfft. Pleeease, that's nothing. I took down an army of giants, 8 sorcerers, A spider queen AND her young, 2 fortress strongholds, and a Fire-breathing Steel golem named Steve."
Player 3:"..... I fought a badger... in the center of the earth!"

Obviously player 3 wins. =D

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Korban3 wrote:YES IT RUNS UNDER WINE OH GOD SO MUCH FREAKING YES THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT UNTIL THE LINUX BUILD NOW ALL I NEED IS A FRIEND
Hey Korban, I'm game if you are. =D

seiseki

Post by seiseki » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Since I got neatness OCD and have to perfectly center all the cards and stacks on the board, I really wish there was a snap function for basically everything, or at least cards ;)

Grakiao

Post by Grakiao » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:05 pm

seiseki wrote:Since I got neatness OCD and have to perfectly center all the cards and stacks on the board, I really wish there was a snap function for basically everything, or at least cards ;)
The trick is to use the shadows, the cards always land on the shadow. :wink:

Grakiao

Post by Grakiao » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Finished my first match and met a bunch of awesome guys from Reddit. We started with 3 players, one had to leave and I lost with 31/45. Had a bunch of fun. Thanks for making this awesome game Wolfire!

seiseki

Post by seiseki » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Grakiao wrote:
seiseki wrote:Since I got neatness OCD and have to perfectly center all the cards and stacks on the board, I really wish there was a snap function for basically everything, or at least cards ;)
The trick is to use the shadows, the cards always land on the shadow. :wink:
I know, but it would be so much more convenient with snapping.

marothon

Post by marothon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:46 pm

I just wanted to say that I can truly see the potential in the fundamental base that this game engine provides. I'd like to just dive into the code, but a question came to mind: if you want to modify the code, what do you require to recompile? I read earlier in this thread that the engine is built on Unity 4, so I would assume you would need a developer kit specifically for Unity. Is that true?