Desperate Gods

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Squeegy

Re: Desperate Gods

Post by Squeegy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:08 am

help

how did this happen

Squeegy

Post by Squeegy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:16 am

excuse me i need to make a lot of rolls

Smellyhobo101

Post by Smellyhobo101 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:52 am

Lol shit how did you do that? I want to play with the physics engine :P

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:39 pm

I love this, it's easily the best board game on the computer, which isn't saying much but it's still fun to play with strangers.

David if you could do this in a few games do you think you could make a life like Chess Board? Hopefully with the ability to flip the board over when you're losing? :lol:

amphitheres

Post by amphitheres » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:45 pm

still waiting for a linux version so, yep. when you get a chance that would be... yep...

also, some guy posted this:

he basically opens it in unity and builds it for linux.

I really like unity now that my platform is supported. really opens up the market for games on linux.

awimachinegun

Post by awimachinegun » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Me and my friend are having some serious trouble joining any games, ours or otherwise. Anything I could be doing wrong? I bypassed the firewall and everything, I just get stuck on the "joining" screen. I have waited for like 7 minutes.

Grape Soda

Post by Grape Soda » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Whenever I click the "Join Game" button on the main menu the game locks up! Sometimes it stops responding others it just freezes and the music skips! Yes I have re-downloaded, ran as admin, ran in window, ran in every compatibility mode there is. Please help xx <3

Yorumu

Post by Yorumu » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:48 am

Man, this is really rekindling my interest to do stuff for video games, even if I've never really been on the coding side of things.

Some houserules:

1. Altar Run game: Your basic story for this mode is that there's McGuffin on altar. Go there and bring it back for 10 points and game ends. Much faster and more cutthroat compared to the normal game.
(edit.)
Fellow players can demand the McGuffin for themselves when they pass or are passed by the player who holds it. Depends on the McGuffin holder whether or not he wants to just give such a powerful thing away.

2. You killed my father, prepare to die!: If a fellow player kills your character, you can place a vendetta against him and your next character is your last ones brother/twin/cousin/sister/step-son/pet duck and he/she/it is going to adventure for the sole reason of revenge.

If your vendetta is successful and you kill your target, you get 5 points, all your targets money and equipment. You cannot pass your target or let him pass you without initiating combat.

Training your "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya..." speech out loud is a good strategy to get your target flustered.

3. Swamp kills: If you stay more then 2 turns inside the swamp, you die.

4a.Clear roads:When all monsters are killed in single pile, you can roll 3d6 to move in the corresponding area.

4b. Moving monsters: When all monsters are killed in single pile, the monsters from the next pile are drawn next.

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:23 am

Yorumu, I think all of these are great ideas especially the clear roads idea. I really hope there is an easy way to implement certain pieces later on so that we could have, say a counter for the vendetta gameplay add on.

Icarium

Post by Icarium » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 am

How does the networking work I can't seem to connect to my friends game neither he to mine. Is there any way to debug this?

Cradoc

Post by Cradoc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 am

Having some of the gameplay problems other people are (especially the running out of monsters for certain area). Though after about 90-120 minutes the game for the other players get extremely laggy on their end. Host is fine but the other players get massive delay.

arenter

Post by arenter » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:04 am

PUT IT OON IOS

Bassem

Post by Bassem » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 pm

I can't join any game on Desperate Gods.

My friend created a passworded server, but it displays "joining game..." and gets stuck there. It doesn't even prompt for a password.

One of the times it did prompt for a password, but when I entered the password it rejected it even though the password was correct.

I tried joining other random servers and same problem. Gets stuck on "joining".

VH-MAW

Post by VH-MAW » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:36 pm

amphitheres wrote:still waiting for a linux version so, yep. when you get a chance that would be... yep...

also, some guy posted this:

he basically opens it in unity and builds it for linux.

I really like unity now that my platform is supported. really opens up the market for games on linux.
If you can't wait(like myself), you could just download the free version of unity and compile it yourself.

EDIT:And then realize that the board tiles are missing!

kcpr

Post by kcpr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:20 pm

VH-MAW wrote: If you can't wait(like myself), you could just download the free version of unity and compile it yourself.

EDIT:And then realize that the board tiles are missing!
Hm.... Isn't it just easier to launch it via Wine?
It works with no problem, without need of setting anything special.