Desperate Gods

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
VH-MAW

Re: Desperate Gods

Post by VH-MAW » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:02 pm

kcpr wrote:
VH-MAW wrote: If you can't wait(like myself), you could just download the free version of unity and compile it yourself.

EDIT:And then realize that the board tiles are missing!
Hm.... Isn't it just easier to launch it via Wine?
It works with no problem, without need of setting anything special.
I get this error with wine,

fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WiNRADiO" failed to start: 2
err:module:import_dll Library DNSAPI.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\karl\\Desktop\\Desperate Gods\\Desperate Gods.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\karl\\Desktop\\Desperate Gods\\Desperate Gods.exe" failed, status c0000135

kcpr

Post by kcpr » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 pm

VH-MAW wrote: I get this error with wine,

fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"WiNRADiO" failed to start: 2
err:module:import_dll Library DNSAPI.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\karl\\Desktop\\Desperate Gods\\Desperate Gods.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\karl\\Desktop\\Desperate Gods\\Desperate Gods.exe" failed, status c0000135
Honestly, I do not remember if I had this error or not.

Which version of Wine do You use? First of all, try upgrading it to the latest version. I think beta one is better. I'm using 1.5.20 at now.

I've also tried removing the '.wine' folder to let Wine configure by itself.
After this the game launches with no problem at all. It also works really well even on 'Fantastic' graphics. :)

VH-MAW

Post by VH-MAW » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm

kcpr wrote:
VH-MAW wrote: I get this error with wine,

Honestly, I do not remember if I had this error or not.

Which version of Wine do You use? First of all, try upgrading it to the latest version. I think beta one is better. I'm using 1.5.20 at now.

I've also tried removing the '.wine' folder to let Wine configure by itself.
After this the game launches with no problem at all. It also works really well even on 'Fantastic' graphics. :)
Strangely I already had wine version 1.5.20, when I deleted the .wine folder it still failed with the same error. However shortly after, I updated my system packages and wine was one of the updated. Now when I start DG it runs fine, however I can't recommend fullscreen as I cannot exit it with Alt+F4.

kcpr

Post by kcpr » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 pm

That's awesome that it finally works for You. :)

For me system hotkeys work, even if full screen is enabled, so I usually use super+w to see all my open windows and then close this application.

banderlog

Post by banderlog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Guys, you've made such a "warm tube" game! It's a genious engine for board games, and nobody made it before. The engine may be free, but it would be great, if you make eventually a simple SDK for this engine, which you can sell on Steam (for example). With a proper license, so a game made in this SDK can be sold. Eventually this world will become better and brighter, people all around will smile to strangers and become polite to each other... And the new era begins...

Chizmad

Post by Chizmad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:42 pm

I don't see a .exe in this, how do I open this?

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Imagine this with VR! If your hand had a sensor, then you could play like in real life, except you don't see your friends beside you!