Desperate Gods Mods/Alterations/Suggestions Thread

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Bluesnake4

Re: Desperate Gods Mods/Alterations/Suggestions Thread

Post by Bluesnake4 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:21 am

Ijyt, i dont think monopoly should be prioritised. Games like carcassone, dominion and other tile/card based games woul work perfectly with a full physics engine if only there was a snap to grid function and a place card at the bottom of the deck function.

seiseki

Post by seiseki » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 am

The biggest problem with modding this to a completely new game is that every card is played openly.

I'd love to for example, play munchkin in this engine, but in that game every player has his hand hidden..

Frohman

Post by Frohman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:52 am

Bluesnake4 wrote:Ijyt, i dont think monopoly should be prioritised. Games like carcassone, dominion and other tile/card based games woul work perfectly with a full physics engine if only there was a snap to grid function and a place card at the bottom of the deck function.
.. which would require more features to be implemented first. Something like Monopoly would work fine with the existing engine - though it is up to the individual modder what they want.

Unrelated to all of that, I finished a match and it got me thinking - how about having a (smallish) deck for each dungeon tier and at the start of the match, players can deal two times the player count's worth of cards into the appropriate tiers. Much more variety while keeping the overall number of monsters the same so that you don't make the game any longer than it is already.

Ogre Samanosuke

Post by Ogre Samanosuke » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 pm

draggles wrote:- Serene Way is somewhat broken. As health and gold have very little impact on the late-game phase, in our four-player game, whenever Serene Way (where ANY player can pay one life to send the card back to the deck) was defeated, players were purposely suiciding to take the damage - purely to deny their opponents 8 points. The punishment for dying is not enough in the late-game phase.

- Sphere + crystal + potion = indestructible potion = OP

Other than that, it's awesome! Good stuff chaps.
I agree with the Serene Way change, as my friends and I started trolling each other with it.

As for that combo being OP, there are MUCH dumber combos to abuse. Scroll of Smiting + Thirsty Sword + Ravenous Staff for instance. Always roll a 6 from Scroll, Staff takes health to prevent loss of Scroll, but you win, so Thirsty Sword gives the health right back. You have formed an IWIN button.

ansonr

Post by ansonr » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:00 am

Risk Legacy. I would cry.

Antoine

Post by Antoine » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 am

Look at this article here. It's about a new touchscreen tv/computer that is used as a tabletop. It's only $1699. I think in a few years this might become somewhat common place.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/27/pixe ... #continued

The suggestion I have is syncing with phones or tables. The major application I can think of would they could act as the players' hands, opening up games where secrecy is necessary (dominion, poker, Uno). I'm sure people would think of other interesting applications too.

I'm not sure if that would require porting the game to the mobile version of unity or what, but have massive appeal if it was portable and allowed syncing devices. Imagine going to a board game party where all people needed to bring was a few tablets and their phones in order to play any game. Or you are at a coffee shop with several friends and you remember you have a tablet and ask if anyone wants to play dominion.

There would probably be a huge explosion of new games or modifications to existing ones (think how scrabble = bananagrams, catan = puerto rico, magic + eurogames = dominion).

There's also this proliferation of game stick/ouya type devices which make tv's like game consoles (all running modified versions of android and Unity is a supporter of ouya). Now think about how much a cheapish game board sized tv sells for. You get the picture.

Maybe the wolfire guys could make a proprietary editor and sell it for a few bucks (thinking if this was on app store, play store, windows store). I think it could be a big success. Keep the engine open (so people can improve it), but make the editor proprietary (so you make moolah).

baab32

Post by baab32 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

Ok i might get called crazy......but a hero quest mod on this engine?

shark1867

Post by shark1867 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:07 am

Afason wrote:I know it's intended (or at least recommended) to play in a passworded game, but I'd like for the "reset board" option to be limited to the host.
My first game was kind of unintentional, I just hosted to see if I could get people to chat with in there. Mr. Roy just joined and started playing, and I joined in. Then about two hours later, some tit called "gays" came along and just reset the board. :|

Shuffling would also be much appreciated.

ha ya that would be nice but the shuffeling mechanic is already in there just pick up a deck of cards (hold left mouse button on it) then just shake it, it will shuffle the cards by random there is no animation but there is a sound and test it out flip the deck over(f) and shake the deck it works fine.

fuzzyfists

Post by fuzzyfists » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:34 am

a way to save the board would be invaluable, allowing players to take a break and return to play at a later time.

Scrutiny

Post by Scrutiny » Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 am

fuzzyfists wrote:a way to save the board would be invaluable, allowing players to take a break and return to play at a later time.
Periodic save states would also be good as an anti-griefing measure, to encourage public games.