Official Wolfire Ruleset

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Saedz

Re: Official Wolfire Ruleset

Post by Saedz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Silverfish wrote:If you fight birdman, win, and then get 5 or 6 so he's sent back to the monster deck, do you still get the coins from the battle?
No, because you didn't get card.

gladclowndad

Post by gladclowndad » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 am

Saedz wrote: 2. Every turn in the swamp, you can either pay 1 hitpoint or roll. If the roll is doubles, you move, if the roll is not doubles, you fight.
Does this mean that while in the swamp you have the option to take 1 hitpoint of damage and then roll to move?

BurninatorX

Post by BurninatorX » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:40 am

They should swap this rule set with the old one in the download of the game from now on. It fills in all the gaps that the original rule set left out.

BurninatorX

Post by BurninatorX » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:41 am

gladclowndad wrote:
Saedz wrote: 2. Every turn in the swamp, you can either pay 1 hitpoint or roll. If the roll is doubles, you move, if the roll is not doubles, you fight.
Does this mean that while in the swamp you have the option to take 1 hitpoint of damage and then roll to move?
Yes. You can either be stuck there fighting till you roll doubles, or pay 1hp to roll to move.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:49 am

BurninatorX wrote:They should swap this rule set with the old one in the download of the game from now on. It fills in all the gaps that the original rule set left out.
I have already talked with the devs about that and it will happen.

bobiniki

Post by bobiniki » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 am

David updated the github repository and added additional rule:
6. If a monster deck runs out of cards, you must draw from the next monster deck above it. If there is no monster deck above it, draw from the monster deck below it. For example, if Dungeon Level 2 runs out of cards, draw from the Dungeon Level 1 deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Wilderness deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Dungeon Level 3 deck.
So your rule that if an area deck is empty, you are safe in that zone is wrong, I think.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 am

bobiniki wrote:David updated the github repository and added additional rule:
6. If a monster deck runs out of cards, you must draw from the next monster deck above it. If there is no monster deck above it, draw from the monster deck below it. For example, if Dungeon Level 2 runs out of cards, draw from the Dungeon Level 1 deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Wilderness deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Dungeon Level 3 deck.
So your rule that if an area deck is empty, you are safe in that zone is wrong, I think.
Thank you for notifying, updating the list now

ataraxic89

Post by ataraxic89 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Sorry to ask a question that is answered but I didnt see a clear yes or no in the rules.

Is it correct to say that EVERY time you land on a new space you activate that effect no matter what caused you to land there (except when stopping to fight/trade with other players)

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 pm

ataraxic89 wrote:Sorry to ask a question that is answered but I didnt see a clear yes or no in the rules.

Is it correct to say that EVERY time you land on a new space you activate that effect no matter what caused you to land there (except when stopping to fight/trade with other players)
Exactly everytime you land on new space the tile is activated. fight/trade isn't included

nomedias

Post by nomedias » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Before I get to my question, I just want to say this is a great game! A few friends of mine have already said they would buy and play it if a physical version was made.

I've read through the errata here and the only card my friends and I can't agree on is Cold Golem. It states "On win: roll a die. If below a 4, fight Cold Golem again."

My friend fought it and won 3 times before finally rolling above a 4 after combat. She argues she gets 2 silver for each win. I argue that treasure is only awarded once it goes in the victory pile. Which interpretation is correct?

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:16 pm

nomedias wrote:Before I get to my question, I just want to say this is a great game! A few friends of mine have already said they would buy and play it if a physical version was made.

I've read through the errata here and the only card my friends and I can't agree on is Cold Golem. It states "On win: roll a die. If below a 4, fight Cold Golem again."

My friend fought it and won 3 times before finally rolling above a 4 after combat. She argues she gets 2 silver for each win. I argue that treasure is only awarded once it goes in the victory pile. Which interpretation is correct?
that is correct, you get the money once it goes in your victory pile.

Unyis

Post by Unyis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:03 am

Question 1:

When two players battle, if they both roll the same die value they each take one damage. This could potentially end up in both players being defeated simultaneously. In this case, do both players keep their respective gold, do they trade gold (because each player won against the other), or do they put their gold in 'Limbo'?

Question 2:

Is it possible to move back and forth across a bridge during a move without progressing around the area first? Here's a picture:

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Unyis wrote:Question 1:

When two players battle, if they both roll the same die value they each take one damage. This could potentially end up in both players being defeated simultaneously. In this case, do both players keep their respective gold, do they trade gold (because each player won against the other), or do they put their gold in 'Limbo'?

Question 2:

Is it possible to move back and forth across a bridge during a move without progressing around the area first? Here's a picture:

1st: both loses their gold and it goes in the limbo.

2nd: you can't move back and worth across the bridge. once crossed the bridge you must go around the dungeon 2 first before you can go over the bridge again. once again always go clockwise except if you step on asylum.

RogueGamer

Post by RogueGamer » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:06 pm

This feels like a rather ignorant question, but...

I understand the rules state that the first player rolls two dice, chooses one, and moves. The rules continue and eventually tell you to repeat "this" until all monsters are defeated. Am I to understand that movement is always a choice between dice? Or is that a privilege for the first player only?

And a thought on the subject; it would perhaps be interesting if the latter is true (that you only roll one die following the first turn) if you were allowed only upon leaving town to roll 2 dice and choose between them. Just a thought -- and I know that's really better suited to the suggestions forum.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:12 pm

RogueGamer wrote:This feels like a rather ignorant question, but...

I understand the rules state that the first player rolls two dice, chooses one, and moves. The rules continue and eventually tell you to repeat "this" until all monsters are defeated. Am I to understand that movement is always a choice between dice? Or is that a privilege for the first player only?
yes the movement is always choice between dice and continues same for everyone till the game ends
And a thought on the subject; it would perhaps be interesting if the latter is true (that you only roll one die following the first turn) if you were allowed only upon leaving town to roll 2 dice and choose between them. Just a thought -- and I know that's really better suited to the suggestions forum.
true that is for suggestions