Official Wolfire Ruleset

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
nomedias

Re: Official Wolfire Ruleset

Post by nomedias » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Love the game...on the card Furious Runes, did you intend that the equipment or the card be discarded on a losing roll, i.e., roll a die for each equipment on the chance you might lose it, or just put Furious Runes in the discard pile? Thanks.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 am

nomedias wrote:Love the game...on the card Furious Runes, did you intend that the equipment or the card be discarded on a losing roll, i.e., roll a die for each equipment on the chance you might lose it, or just put Furious Runes in the discard pile? Thanks.
You roll a die for you each equipment, you discard the equipment item if you roll below 4 if it is over 4 you keep it. you put the Furious Runes in your victory pile once you draw the card.
Last edited by Saedz on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lunaREvolution

Post by lunaREvolution » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 am

A question about the brittle dagger:

It says "You may reroll one attack roll. Discard if that roll is 1, 2, or 3"
Does that mean if your reroll is 1, 2, or 3, it breaks? Or that if the original roll is 1, 2, or 3, it breaks?

Also: The unflinching sword: it says you may reroll two attack dice. I feel this is an oddly specific rule, since there aren't that many opportunities where you can roll two attack die, unless you mean you can reroll an attack die twice, or you can only reroll two attack die total upon purchase of the item.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 am

lunaREvolution wrote:A question about the brittle dagger:

It says "You may reroll one attack roll. Discard if that roll is 1, 2, or 3"
Does that mean if your reroll is 1, 2, or 3, it breaks? Or that if the original roll is 1, 2, or 3, it breaks?
Yes the sword breaks if the reroll is 1,2 or 3
Also: The unflinching sword: it says you may reroll two attack dice. I feel this is an oddly specific rule, since there aren't that many opportunities where you can roll two attack die, unless you mean you can reroll an attack die twice, or you can only reroll two attack die total upon purchase of the item.
yes, it means you can reroll the dice twice.

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 am

For the card, Receptive Gem, it says "Use receptive gem to cast a spell without discarding it. Roll to see if it breaks (1,2)" Does that mean if I roll a 1 or a 2 it breaks not to be used again, but at least the receptive gem protects the card the player designates it to? Also, when the player rolls to see if receptive gem does work, how many dice are used to determine the outcome?

I also have a question about coins.
Are there 2 piles? Limbo and bank? Limbo being coins lost on death and events and bank being the initial pool at the start of the game and can only be added to if town purchases are made?

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:50 pm

vvi77iam wrote:For the card, Receptive Gem, it says "Use receptive gem to cast a spell without discarding it. Roll to see if it breaks (1,2)" Does that mean if I roll a 1 or a 2 it breaks not to be used again, but at least the receptive gem protects the card the player designates it to? Also, when the player rolls to see if receptive gem does work, how many dice are used to determine the outcome?
if the Receptive spell's roll fails it just breaks and gets discarded, but still the designated spell is protected from it.
I also have a question about coins.
Are there 2 piles? Limbo and bank? Limbo being coins lost on death and events and bank being the initial pool at the start of the game and can only be added to if town purchases are made?
yes, Limbo pile fills up only from dying. Bank/shop fills up everytime you buy something from the shop.

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 pm

My brother and I have a dispute on dueling. Say we begin the fight full health (3) as normal and also have full inventory of equipment to use. If aloud by terms read from the card, may we use an equipment for each roll we use? Say I have scroll of smite and receptive gem, as long as receptive gem rolls in my favor each time I strike a roll at my brother, I get to use smite? For example I could use smite over and over again?

My brother thinks you can only use an equipment card once per strike. So I could use smite in my first attack, but can't use it again for the rest of the duel.

We also question the Unflinching Sword. It has two attributes. "Add 1 to attack rolls". So if I get 5, it would bump up to a 6, understandable, but the second part says I get to re roll 2 attack dies? Does this mean I have 2 chances to roll an attack, on top of adding one to those attacks or 3 or does it mean I need to have a card or ability that gives me 2 attack rolls in the first place to active the unflinching swords second attribute?

(Possible suggestion)
My brother also wants clarification on the lost wanderer card. "Choose another player to battle: Winner get's the card". My brother believes that the battle between players should be like a ghost fight since in RP terms, you can't pick a fight with a player who is across the game world(board) and as such it plays out like a normal duel but instead of a player dieing and losing all of their gold to limbo as well as returning to town, do both players return exactly where and how they were before the fight, as if it never happened in a sense, but winner gets the card as stated?

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 am

vvi77iam wrote:My brother and I have a dispute on dueling. Say we begin the fight full health (3) as normal and also have full inventory of equipment to use. If aloud by terms read from the card, may we use an equipment for each roll we use? Say I have scroll of smite and receptive gem, as long as receptive gem rolls in my favor each time I strike a roll at my brother, I get to use smite? For example I could use smite over and over again?

My brother thinks you can only use an equipment card once per strike. So I could use smite in my first attack, but can't use it again for the rest of the duel.
You can use any equipment once per roll during duel, so yes
We also question the Unflinching Sword. It has two attributes. "Add 1 to attack rolls". So if I get 5, it would bump up to a 6, understandable, but the second part says I get to re roll 2 attack dies? Does this mean I have 2 chances to roll an attack, on top of adding one to those attacks or 3 or does it mean I need to have a card or ability that gives me 2 attack rolls in the first place to active the unflinching swords second attribute?
no the card itself gives you the dice rerolls
(Possible suggestion)
My brother also wants clarification on the lost wanderer card. "Choose another player to battle: Winner get's the card". My brother believes that the battle between players should be like a ghost fight since in RP terms, you can't pick a fight with a player who is across the game world(board) and as such it plays out like a normal duel but instead of a player dieing and losing all of their gold to limbo as well as returning to town, do both players return exactly where and how they were before the fight, as if it never happened in a sense, but winner gets the card as stated?
well this goes in the suggestions
Last edited by Saedz on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arsonist

Post by Arsonist » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 pm

So, I just finished a game (by someone joining and resetting it.) in which there was some confusion on a combination of cards.

In my inventory I possessed Thirsty Sword, Ravenous Staff, and Scroll of Smiting. The general idea was that I pad one hp to use the staff, used the scroll, and heal for defeating the monster due to the Thirsty Sword.
The above was generally accepted by the other players, but they complained that it was over powered. An issue arose when I was to fight and slaughter Serene Way. I used my card combination and killed it, and asked the other players if they wanted to pay hp to put it back in the deck. Someone did, and then told me that I lost hp for using the staff, and didn't gain it back for killing monster, to which i replied no.
So, here's my reasoning...
On the Thirsty Sword, the effect reads 'On win: gain 1 health' and on Serene Way, the effect reads: 'On win: any player may take one damage to put Serene Way back in the deck,'
Both are 'On win:' conditions, so one cannot happen without the other happening as well.

Opponent's reasoning:
The creature did not enter my victory pile, therefore I do not receive the health gained from 'Thirsty Sword.'

We ended up going with my reasoning, as the third player spoke up as the tie breaker. However, the situation bugs me. The player referred me to this thread (or at least i assume it's this thread) and told me that i should read it.

Could i get an official ruling on this?

He also told me that i could not continue around the inner brown square while moving from 'Stacks.' I think he misunderstood something in your rulings :/

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Arsonist wrote:So, I just finished a game (by someone joining and resetting it.) in which there was some confusion on a combination of cards.

In my inventory I possessed Thirsty Sword, Ravenous Staff, and Scroll of Smiting. The general idea was that I pad one hp to use the staff, used the scroll, and heal for defeating the monster due to the Thirsty Sword.
The above was generally accepted by the other players, but they complained that it was over powered. An issue arose when I was to fight and slaughter Serene Way. I used my card combination and killed it, and asked the other players if they wanted to pay hp to put it back in the deck. Someone did, and then told me that I lost hp for using the staff, and didn't gain it back for killing monster, to which i replied no.
So, here's my reasoning...
On the Thirsty Sword, the effect reads 'On win: gain 1 health' and on Serene Way, the effect reads: 'On win: any player may take one damage to put Serene Way back in the deck,'
Both are 'On win:' conditions, so one cannot happen without the other happening as well.

Opponent's reasoning:
The creature did not enter my victory pile, therefore I do not receive the health gained from 'Thirsty Sword.'

We ended up going with my reasoning, as the third player spoke up as the tie breaker. However, the situation bugs me. The player referred me to this thread (or at least i assume it's this thread) and told me that i should read it.

Could i get an official ruling on this?
Exact quote from Aubrey "I think you gain the health, it would happen at the same time that any enemy on win events happen."
He also told me that i could not continue around the inner brown square while moving from 'Stacks.' I think he misunderstood something in your rulings :/
yes he misunderstood, you can either go back in the Dungeon 1 from Guillotine or continue foward in the Dungeon 2 it's optional.

Arsonist

Post by Arsonist » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:19 am

Many thanks, Saedz.

GenWilhelm

Post by GenWilhelm » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:59 am

If i have the thirsty sword and defeat the 'Dominated Baghead' or the 'Engrossed Priestess' with only one health remaining, which 'On Win' condition applies first?
Do I take one damage and die before the sword returns the health, or do I gain one health from the sword and then immediately lose it, returning me to one health?

Cheers

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 am

GenWilhelm wrote:If i have the thirsty sword and defeat the 'Dominated Baghead' or the 'Engrossed Priestess' with only one health remaining, which 'On Win' condition applies first?
Do I take one damage and die before the sword returns the health, or do I gain one health from the sword and then immediately lose it, returning me to one health?

Cheers
pretty much your health points stays at 1

manu

Post by manu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 am

Wait, what's "limbo" ? Why not put the coins back in the "bank" ?
Can you win those coins at some point ?

manu

Post by manu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 am

Saedz wrote: 7. If a monster deck runs out of cards, you must draw from the next monster deck above it. If there is no monster deck above it, draw from the monster deck below it. For example, if Dungeon Level 2 runs out of cards, draw from the Dungeon Level 1 deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Wilderness deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Dungeon Level 3 deck.
I was searching for that, this should be in the official text file :)