Official Wolfire Ruleset

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Saedz

Re: Official Wolfire Ruleset

Post by Saedz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:42 pm

manu wrote:
Saedz wrote: 7. If a monster deck runs out of cards, you must draw from the next monster deck above it. If there is no monster deck above it, draw from the monster deck below it. For example, if Dungeon Level 2 runs out of cards, draw from the Dungeon Level 1 deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Wilderness deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Dungeon Level 3 deck.
I was searching for that, this should be in the official text file :)
Well these are the official rules and they are later added in the game as a rules patch

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 pm

manu wrote:Wait, what's "limbo" ? Why not put the coins back in the "bank" ?
Can you win those coins at some point ?
Forgot to add some specifications, updating now.

tzpb88

Post by tzpb88 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:08 am

Hi! first time poster :D and i got many questions so i i'll post them here!

1. Where and how am i exactly allowed to use scroll of teleportation? (multiple teleports and silly things with "Scroll of teleport" + "Ravenous Staff" + "Thirsty Sword")
a: Before i roll my dies for movement at start at turn.
b: After i roll my dies for movement at start at turn + then move 1d6.
c: After movement but before drawing a monster card or landing on a tile for special effects?
d: After drawing a monster card to battle.
e: After rolling a combat die, or extra combat dies due to equipment.
f: After defeating or being defeated to a monster.
g: After dealing with a monster or tile that makes your life go down to 0.
h: On another players turns to escape from PVP.
i: On another players turn to dictate where someone mirroring me will land.
j: On another players turn just because.
k: After teleporting i still land on the tiles for the effects? which effects can be ignored and which must be dealt with?
l: After landing on "Kennel" tile, Draw a town card THEN teleport (or teleport after seeing the monster and seeing he is too hard, or do i skip the tile ENTIRELY on teleport?

2. When EXACTLY does the game decide you are dead?

3. When does "Thirsty Sword" card give life and how does it work?
a: Always heals however i "win" against anything.
b: Only heals on wins against monsters which i use a combat die to defeat.
c: Only heals on wins against monsters i defeat whichever the way.
d: Only heals on wins against monsters i use "Thirsty Sword" for a extra combat roll.
f: What is discarded on rolling a 1 after usage: the "Thirsty Sword" or the monster i'm battling.
g: Do i get life if i roll a 1 on the extra combat die "Thirsty Sword" gives and win?

4. How does the discard pile work and what gets put there?
a: Can the discards piles replace empty decks such as town deck or maybe even monster decks?

5. On landing on "Altar" tile.
a: If i die because of landing on the "Altar" do i still get the limbo coins after i die?
b: Do i get ALL the limbo coins because of the "Altar" tile?

6. "Ravenous Staff" question.
a: Can i pay for the effect when i only have 1 life left (leaving me with 0 life) teleport, then battle a drawn monster card, WIN, then gain life with "Thirsty Sword"?

giaky3876

Post by giaky3876 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Hello everybody:
I've got just few questions; I was reading the game board and the cards and 3 things leaved me doubtful :
.1 The Lonley Birdman says "On win: on 1d6 5+ Lonley birdman is returned to the deck"; Well i know that 1d6 means One die 6 sides but that 5+ what means?
.2 The swamp says"...Cannot leave unless you roll doubles OR..." I think that i have to roll 2d6 until i get the same number on each die?
.3 The limbo: It's another pile that can only posses if I go to the altar, right? I can't change money or take it as monstar loot, I guess...
Sorry for my bad english and for my not exteded knowledge of table games. :(

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:55 pm

giaky3876 wrote:Hello everybody:
I've got just few questions; I was reading the game board and the cards and 3 things leaved me doubtful :
.1 The Lonley Birdman says "On win: on 1d6 5+ Lonley birdman is returned to the deck"; Well i know that 1d6 means One die 6 sides but that 5+ what means?
if you get 5 or more lonely birdman is returned in the deck
.2 The swamp says"...Cannot leave unless you roll doubles OR..." I think that i have to roll 2d6 until i get the same number on each die?
indeed, but remember tor ead some extra info from the first post
.3 The limbo: It's another pile that can only posses if I go to the altar, right? I can't change money or take it as monstar loot, I guess...
Sorry for my bad english and for my not exteded knowledge of table games. :(
yes you can only get money from limbo by stepping on altar tile, again read extra info from the first post

Unbalanced

Post by Unbalanced » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:46 am

When a tile sends you to another tile, do you follow the instruction on the tile you land on (including ones that send you away again)?

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 am

Unbalanced wrote:When a tile sends you to another tile, do you follow the instruction on the tile you land on (including ones that send you away again)?
yes you must do what the tile says everytime you step on

TeaNinja

Post by TeaNinja » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 pm

alright, i have a few questions that i have stumbled across while playing with my friends. My main one is if you have the unflinching sword and you are dueling a person, say the person with the sword rolls a 6 and the other player without also rolls a 6. does the player with the sword roll a 7 to beat the other one? or is it a tie and they both lose health with a cap of 6?

also, another question i came across was about the scroll of smiting. if you are dueling someone and they roll a 5, can i use the scroll of smiting at any time during the duel to roll the auto 6 and beat them, including after they've rolled?

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:11 pm

TeaNinja wrote:alright, i have a few questions that i have stumbled across while playing with my friends. My main one is if you have the unflinching sword and you are dueling a person, say the person with the sword rolls a 6 and the other player without also rolls a 6. does the player with the sword roll a 7 to beat the other one? or is it a tie and they both lose health with a cap of 6?
Unflinching sword passively adds 1 point in your roll, so the guy with the unflinching sword won that one. If the result is a tie both players take 1 damage, also there is no cap.
also, another question i came across was about the scroll of smiting. if you are dueling someone and they roll a 5, can i use the scroll of smiting at any time during the duel to roll the auto 6 and beat them, including after they've rolled?
well there isn't any timing rules so you can use items any time you want during your turn

REDruss

Post by REDruss » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Some tiles say to pick a card and some tiles say to choose a card, what is the difference?

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 am

REDruss wrote:Some tiles say to pick a card and some tiles say to choose a card, what is the difference?
The game isn't standartized yet so there is no difference between those

machiavelico

Post by machiavelico » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:16 am

Can an opponent use the scroll of town mid duel? (I am duelling a guy who believes he can escape using it.)

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:54 pm

machiavelico wrote:Can an opponent use the scroll of town mid duel? (I am duelling a guy who believes he can escape using it.)
As BS it is, yes he can use the scroll, you can use any spell at anytime in your turn.