[Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Vonkie

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [01/12/12 - 012] Your own mods!

Post by Vonkie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:22 am

seiseki wrote:can't you load another png as alpha channel?
That is indeed another option, perhaps the best(TGA files are fairly big, so not very favorable)
But I have little understanding of how to do that, yet. Still doing research.

Yuri Melo

Post by Yuri Melo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:01 pm

[quote="Yuri Melo"]For now, still is not opening on mac..
/quote]
Ah, that's too bad, anything it says/does that can explain why it's not working?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know if this will help, but the two files open, the top one is yours and underneath the original, and has many files that have this difference
Attachments
Captura de tela 2012-12-03 às 22.49.20.png

Dinjoralo

Post by Dinjoralo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:30 am

I tried the tapping coins into other coins, and it did nothing. I was the one to suggest it on the thread, so of course that was my first thing to try. I'll try it differently later, when I'm back at my computer.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 am

Dinjoralo wrote:I tried the tapping coins into other coins, and it did nothing. I was the one to suggest it on the thread, so of course that was my first thing to try. I'll try it differently later, when I'm back at my computer.
Well, make sure you press the Tap Object key that is not the same as the tap card key,
The reason for this is me forgetting a "!" in the code, I'm sorry, I'll release a quick fix update.
Yuri Melo wrote:
Yuri Melo wrote:I do not know if this will help, but the two files open, the top one is yours and underneath the original, and has many files that have this difference
Hmm, I'm afraid it's hard to say what I can do about it, perhaps someone with unity-on=mac experience can come in and help?

Dinjoralo

Post by Dinjoralo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 am

Ooooh. That explains it. I do, in fact, have them both on right click, Less confusing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Vonkie

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

Post by Vonkie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Dinjoralo wrote:Ooooh. That explains it. I do, in fact, have them both on right click, Less confusing. Thanks for clearing that up.
Well, the new update, released just a bit ago should fix it! ^-^

nitzors

Post by nitzors » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Quick question, me and a friend downloaded this mod and we wanted to play a game together but we can't find each others game. We'll create the game, name it and put it under "Official Server" and his game doesn't show up in the list for me. I've tried making a game also and he can't find mine either. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Yuri Melo

Post by Yuri Melo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Version 13 is great, do not know why but it was much faster on my pc, and for me this is the best way to get the coins, the mod Vonkie's is getting better, congratulations! And to improve it further, to make a correction from the original game when it zooms and looks at the corners of the table, is gray, as if it were infinite.

liamb621

Post by liamb621 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:50 am

any chance of getting a d20/12/10/4 ? really want to try some DnD with friends in the game but d6s arent the best

OneFourth

Post by OneFourth » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:28 am

Firstly, thank you so much for the mod Vonkie, it really enhances the game.
I've been working on this for around a week or so. Presenting...
MONOPOLY!

Download

It features, the board, all property, chance and community chest cards.
I haven't tested it yet (Waiting to go to some friends to try it), but I haven't seen any errors.
I am not an artist, so I did steal the artwork, fonts and such.
(Stole most from this photoshop template, with other random google image searches)

However besides the art, I made the board as you see it here, since I had to alter it to desperate gods' board size. The chance and community chest cards are only text because I couldn't find decent images of Mr. Moneybags.
This was just a quick project to see how well I could fix up something. I want to make other board games, but there are limitations, of course.

OneFourth

Post by OneFourth » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 am

Firstly, thank you so much for the mod Vonkie, it really enhances the game.
MONOPOLY!

Download

I haven't tested it yet (Waiting to go to some friends to try it), but I haven't seen any errors.
(Stole most from this photoshop template, with other random google image searches)

However besides the art, I made the board as you see it here, since I had to alter it to desperate gods' board size. The chance and community chest cards are only text because I couldn't find decent images of Mr. Moneybags.
This was just a quick project to see how well I could fix up something. I want to make other board games, but there are limitations, of course.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:19 pm

That's an amazing Job!!!

I would love to pick your brain about a few things. Particularly, what is the actual pixel ratio of the card faces? Desperate Gods has inspired me to start building a deck of cross-regional (Italian-French suits) playing cards that I wanted to implement into the game. I've built a few cards using a 1000x1400px ratio similar to regular playing cards, but I don't see the purpose in making much more until I know what DG's card size is.

Congratulations again. You've started the ball rolling down a fantastic hill of awesomeness!

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Djemps wrote:That's an amazing Job!!!

I would love to pick your brain about a few things. Particularly, what is the actual pixel ratio of the card faces? Desperate Gods has inspired me to start building a deck of cross-regional (Italian-French suits) playing cards that I wanted to implement into the game. I've built a few cards using a 1000x1400px ratio similar to regular playing cards, but I don't see the purpose in making much more until I know what DG's card size is.

Congratulations again. You've started the ball rolling down a fantastic hill of awesomeness!
Sadly enough, the interest in DG seemed to be going down, and so has my interest in working on this mod rather then moving on(Everything seemed to get a little repetitive, which is why I haven't made an update.)
That is not to say I have given up on it, just working much slower then I used to.(Most of my time goes into another project right now.)

About the card size, if you mean the front/back of the card, the ratio is 1:1. that means you just have to resize those images' canvas to 1400x1400, with the rest being transparent(Which is possible in PNG).

Use the Alpha channels of the TGA files of the source whenever you're not sure what should be transparent. I'm sorry for not explaining everything right. I'm a bit tired at the time of writing, I'll read everything again in tomorrow.
OneFourth wrote:Firstly, thank you so much for the mod Vonkie, it really enhances the game.
MONOPOLY!
[+] More...

Download

o.o Awesome work, this was kind of what I was hoping for to happen by allowing these mods, I wanna do more to allow you to make more use of the game's engine and such, but the bug currently visible are kinda killing my mood on it.
I hope I can fix them somehow and just move on to more features, like those new dices and more.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Vonkie wrote: About the card size, if you mean the front/back of the card, the ratio is 1:1. that means you just have to resize those images' canvas to 1400x1400, with the rest being transparent(Which is possible in PNG).

Use the Alpha channels of the TGA files of the source whenever you're not sure what should be transparent. I'm sorry for not explaining everything right. I'm a bit tired at the time of writing, I'll read everything again in tomorrow.

Hmm, that doesn't exactly make sense. 1400x1400 would make a square, but clearly the cards are rectangular in size. I haven't located a card TGA to examine yet, so maybe it will make sense once I see it. Are the rectangular images occupying the center of a square frame with unused portions set to transparent?

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Djemps wrote:
Vonkie wrote: About the card size, if you mean the front/back of the card, the ratio is 1:1. that means you just have to resize those images' canvas to 1400x1400, with the rest being transparent(Which is possible in PNG).

Hmm, that doesn't exactly make sense. 1400x1400 would make a square, but clearly the cards are rectangular in size. I haven't located a card TGA to examine yet, so maybe it will make sense once I see it. Are the rectangular images occupying the center of a square frame with unused portions set to transparent?
That's what I'm saying, the actual picture is a square, but what 'cuts off' the rectangular you see is the alpha channel of the TGA or the transparance in PNG(png-24 has even semi-transparency which can replace the alpha channel as a whole.)