[Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Notmog

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [01/12/12 - 012] Your own mods!

Post by Notmog » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:03 pm

I tried transferring my cards to the new default section of the cards folder. It appears that there is increased loading time for the same amount of cards and if you add too many cards Desperate Gods will be unable to load. The max amount I can add is 10 cards with this new version.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Notmog wrote:I tried transferring my cards to the new default section of the cards folder. It appears that there is increased loading time for the same amount of cards and if you add too many cards Desperate Gods will be unable to load. The max amount I can add is 10 cards with this new version.
That is not supposed to happen... Hmm, lemme do some tests, if anyone else has this problem, please to tell me!

White Bear

Post by White Bear » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:08 pm

I have removed all default cards and added 124 cards.
around 25 on each deck.
Works just fine.
Make sure you have cards on all six decks (unused one included) and also that you close all decks properly with square brackets. any missing brackets and you cause game to crash.

Ps. Dude, don't burn your self out by forcing your self to code unless you really want to. :3
Unless you want constant testing done with new bugs then you should do more of weekly than daily. Give your self a break. :D

Notmog

Post by Notmog » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:42 pm

White Bear is correct. I simply had an error in my card.txt file.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Notmog wrote:White Bear is correct. I simply had an error in my card.txt file.
Glad that's the case, I did not touch the code with loading the cards much in this update, so I was confused... I wanna(and can, but it will take time!) change it to an xml format if I can. I know JSON is better overall, but xml is easier to read and edit.
White Bear wrote:Ps. Dude, don't burn your self out by forcing your self to code unless you really want to. :3
Unless you want constant testing done with new bugs then you should do more of weekly than daily. Give your self a break. :D
I know, it's not just the coding that's been keeping me up, but I can't sleep when I have bugs to fix anyway, I just keep thinking about how to fix them x3
PS:Not a dude =P

Glad everyone seems to enjoy the mod, I'll keep trying to improve it as much as I can, especially finding a fix for the texture glitch.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Vonkie wrote: PS:Not a dude =P
You do understand that you have suddenly been elevated to the level of a code-crushing goddess in the eyes of most forum members...

By the way, great job. :-D

Rolph

Post by Rolph » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:40 am

Great work so far.

I currently create my own cards and board and would appreciate different textures for dice (multiple dice in game) and an option for additional card-piles.

Keep on your good work :D

- Rolph

Sarmie

Post by Sarmie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 am

Is adding new board positions not possible? I added in new positions on the board but nothing showed up there.

Yuri Melo

Post by Yuri Melo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:34 pm

``(Download 012 MAC Not tested, not able to test!)``

For now, still is not opening on mac..

But thank you for doing it, let's get even. hehe

You are fantastic!

Dinjoralo

Post by Dinjoralo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks for the update, it really helps with the pieces. Though, it says that multi-coin pickup was changed, I can't seem to actually pick up multiple coins. How do I do that?

JayneHJKL

Post by JayneHJKL » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Well I'm impressed so far.

One small bug I have found is that picking up multiple coins only works when tapping with right mouse, it does not work when tapping with T.

You need to either check all bound keys to tap, or hook the tap event itself.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Maybe I'm dense but I can't find the Help/Read-Me file in the download folder. :?

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Also, does anyone know the pixel ratio for a card face? Not just the art image, but the entire card?

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:50 am

Ah, time to reply~
Rolph wrote:I currently create my own cards and board and would appreciate different textures for dice (multiple dice in game) and an option for additional card-piles.
Additional card decks are planned, multiple dice are now also in the list, but not too soon.
Sarmie wrote:Is adding new board positions not possible? I added in new positions on the board but nothing showed up there.
If you mean the coordinate system thing? No, it is not possible, the tiles with positions is already defined in the board's prefab, if you want a new completely space, texture editing is your best bet. Sorry.
Yuri Melo wrote:For now, still is not opening on mac..
/quote]
Ah, that's too bad, anything it says/does that can explain why it's not working?
Dinjoralo wrote:Thanks for the update, it really helps with the pieces. Though, it says that multi-coin pickup was changed, I can't seem to actually pick up multiple coins. How do I do that?
Tapping(Right clicking) while holding a coin onto other coins.
JayneHJKL wrote:One small bug I have found is that picking up multiple coins only works when tapping with right mouse, it does not work when tapping with T.
Yeah, I planned on making it work for both, "Tap object" and "Tap cards", but somehow, I forgot that last one x.x will be in the next update, which might take a bit.
Djemps wrote:Maybe I'm dense but I can't find the Help/Read-Me file in the download folder. :?
Also, does anyone know the pixel ratio for a card face? Not just the art image, but the entire card?
Check in the DGVonkieModExample.rar ;)

For the next update, I'm looking at improving the textures, again. However, I did figure out why certain light bugs happened, "alpha channels" They aren't included in png files, so I might look into changing the file format.
It seems that if you copy the alpha channel into transparency it will work though, strangely.(In PNG-24 only) I'm still working on it.

There sadly is no tga reader in the file loading, and writing it myself may take... ages. So what exactly I'll do is a bit uncertain.

seiseki

Post by seiseki » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 am

can't you load another png as alpha channel?