Game Freezing

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
TheMessiah

Game Freezing

Post by TheMessiah » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 am

As soon as I join my friend's server the game freezes except for the mouse and buttons, for them I can still move cards and stuff. Is there any fix?

Edit: I can also Zoom in and out.

Saedz

Re: Game Freezing

Post by Saedz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 am

Look the top left corner, you have to name yourself and then press the continue

TheMessiah

Post by TheMessiah » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 am

Saedz wrote:Look the top left corner, you have to name yourself and then press the continue
It's after doing that, when it "freezes". Before naming myself and clicking continue the background is black.

RogueGamer

Post by RogueGamer » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 pm

I am experiencing the same issue. Today I had joined my first ever playable game. But before I'd had two turns it froze again. No recovery. Wish I knew why.

EDIT: Is no one going to address this at all? It would be nice to at least be told that my problem was simply too uncommon for concern. :| Or maybe just to be told that it's now under consideration. My system is a Windows XP system, by the way. I have ISDN internet (if you are even familiar with it; a bit like "super dial-up," but more than adequate for many online endeavors -- including this one apart from the freezes). This game runs smoothly for several seconds, I'd say anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. During this time I experience a smooth connection. After this, I am struck with horrible lag or frozen beyond recovery. It's painfully annoying because I really enjoy what I've been able to play of this game so far.

I play popular games like Call of Duty: World at War and Borderlands 2 with a ping of anywhere from 70-170, so please do not simply tell me my internet is at fault. There shouldn't be much to keep track of between players, so I'm a bit vexed. I do notice that the problem escalates exponentially when more players join. Two players may last a good while, maybe even 10 minutes. Three players becomes the usual 20 seconds to a minute. I've never been able to play with four players.

RogueGamer

Post by RogueGamer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Does anyone at least want to offer some clue as to why I can't play this with more than one other person?

LukasMaximus

Post by LukasMaximus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:23 am

Same problem happened today. Near the end of our game, I had a bad move and then the game completely froze, and for some reason, so did my entire computer (which never happens with this pc). Thankfully, it was just my side and I rejoined after rebooting. My buddy thought I'd rage quit lol.

RogueGamer

Post by RogueGamer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am

Hmm, not sure if we have the same problem. It sounds like your game actually crashed. The game itself works perfectly on my machine and I (thankfully) haven't encountered your problem there. In my situation, the game will begin taking on increasingly more lag until it is frozen and I must leave the server and re-join. The game itself runs fine.

I don't know if there's any parallel to a memory leak in the world of networking, but it sure feels similar. Like my connection in Desperate Gods is just a time bomb. A real shame, and I look here every day in the hopes that a new release has been made.

Even though I've pre-ordered Overgrowth, I almost want them to fix this game before they get back to the killer rabbits. I'm far too addicted to this game right now. :P

Tsskies

Post by Tsskies » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Any fix for this?

luckywin90

Post by luckywin90 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:07 am

Everything is very open and honest, and the challenges are broken down in great detail. The information is without a doubt beneficial to have. Is my website extremely successful in terms of making money? Please take a look at this: stumble guys