[Modding]Basic Modding, What I/We have found.

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
DeadLeaves

[Modding]Basic Modding, What I/We have found.

Post by DeadLeaves » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:03 am

My intention with this thread is to create some kind of small database over how to perform some basic modding. Preferably there would be a subforum for modding. But for now I will post all my tutorials in this thread. Feel free to comment with your own and I will add them to the OP.

Compiling

Code: Select all

To be be able to compile the source you need to have unity 3.5.6 PRO, the normal free version does not suffice.
New Cards

To create new cards or existing ones, JSON entries can be created or modified in the text file "Text_Data\cards.txt".
Board Tiles

To create new or edit existing board tiles, JSON entries can be created or modified in the text file "Text_Data\board.txt".
New Card Graphics

To add new card graphics do the following; First create a new texture in "Art\Cards\Content\", Then go to "Prefabs\CardBakeObject" and look for the array named "Content_Textures" and add a new element. Then simply add the new number to the card in "Text_Data\cards.txt"
More items on the board

To add new decks, coins, tokens or dices; create a new empty scene and drag the prefab "board" onto the scene. This will allow you to modify what is spawned on the table at the start.(Remember to properly name the deck if you are making a new deck-type) - Thanks to vrav for help on this.
How to create new BASIC networked prefabs - Tutorial in works.
[+] net prefabs

seiseki

Re: [Modding]Basic Modding, What I/We have found.

Post by seiseki » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 am

Thanks, this is extremely helpful!

Valforte

Post by Valforte » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 am

I am a Unity enthusiast for a long time, and already started modding the game. I have also got to the same conclusion OP did. I am currently making a D&D 3.5 table, with customizable combat area and new dices, also monsters and player tokens. This is only to help online playing, you will need another software for the sheets and voice chat.

Ogre Samanosuke

Post by Ogre Samanosuke » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Will any older versions of Unity Pro work? I have 3.4 from a class I took, not tried to import the project in yet, still prototyping the changes I want to make. Also would be a very good idea to try and change whatever object(s) it is that bind it to Pro, as that will greatly hinder the modding community.

Alorwin

Post by Alorwin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:41 am

So I'm on Unity 4.3.4 and trying to mod DG, but this stuff about how to add image graphics... I can't figure it out. Because there is no array for me to fiddle with. Or something.

Note: I don't know how to use Unity. I've never done this before

Giossepi

Post by Giossepi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:56 pm

I was also wondering if we could get a more indepth guide, i have never used unity and I am trying to make a total conversion, however i have no idea how to add new assets, or even recompile this into game once I do

luckywin90

Post by luckywin90 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:06 am

The forum that you share is fantastic and has a lot of significance; retro games I really hope that it will become more widespread.