Unity 4 issue

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Sir Fist

Unity 4 issue

Post by Sir Fist » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:36 am

I've been working on a mod for a while using unity 4, I've noticed that the fix I found for some rendering issues (Changing TileManagerScript's initialization to start rather than awake) only fixes things as long as your window remains static and unmoved, this issue isn't present in builds using 3.5.6 as far as I'm aware but another and I presume connected bug in that alt-tabbing while fullscreen corrupts all tiles is.

If anyone has an idea of how to fix these issues I'd very much appreciate the help on sorting it.

SteelRaven7

Re: Unity 4 issue

Post by SteelRaven7 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:09 am

These seem to be effects of trying to build the game with the free version of unity. The garbled graphics are rendered using a pro-only feature called render to texture. It's curious how you were able to fix some of the problems though, but I think that might've been some fluke rather than a fix unless you're using unity pro.

Sir Fist

Post by Sir Fist » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:25 am

I am using pro, the issue is moving windows with unity 4 pro. And alt-tabbing in general with any build of the source.

tfkmaster

Post by tfkmaster » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:46 pm

I see it too with Unity 4, this "texture" appear depending on the position of the camera (like a occlusion culling but still bad rendering without OC)

EDIT : I see another hard glitch, when you return card in multiplayer (with compiled desparate gods in Unity 4) the card may look only transparant with a very glitchy texture :/