I found out about this game today and got a chance to play.

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Azihayya

I found out about this game today and got a chance to play.

Post by Azihayya » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:10 pm

I created an open house and got into a short game with three people before one had to leave, and then played another with the person who stayed. One time someone joined and started throwing things around, and I started throwing them around with them; two other people came in later though and watched the game and helped set everything in order in a timely fashion.

I had a really fun time playing, and teaching people, and speculating upon how to play myself - since not all of the rules are very narrowly defined. I consider myself and amateur ( yet grossly talented ) game-designer, and I had a lot of ideas about how the game could be improved or clarified.

Some time soon I'm gonna go back into the game and take a real concentrated look around and come up with some brain-storm and balance ideas and come back here and post them. For now, I'll just say that I think there should be a "Pass Town" rule where whenever you pass town, you get regenerated, and may buy items from the shop; this way, it makes it seem like you are given more meaningful choices while making your way around the board -- you can try to pass back around to the town to spend your gold, or test your luck in the depths of the dungeon!

Ineluki

Re: I found out about this game today and got a chance to pl

Post by Ineluki » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:00 am

Your "Pass Town" rule is already in the game. Every time, you pass town, you can decide to stay in town. You are regenerated every time you enter town and every time you leave town. On both events you can also use the Town Shop to buy or sell items.

Azihayya

Post by Azihayya » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 pm

"1. When players move past the Town, they may choose to stop at the Town instead."

I missed it!
xD

When I played, we didn't use the "passing another character" rule either.

I still haven't gotten around to my evaluation yet, but another thing that I'm not seeing in the rules is, how to deal with drawing from decks that are empty. Whenever we landed on a space where all of the cards were used up, we decided to draw from the top deck, moving down.

GenWilhelm

Post by GenWilhelm » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am

"7. If a monster deck runs out of cards, you must draw from the next monster deck above it. If there is no monster deck above it, draw from the monster deck below it. For example, if Dungeon Level 2 runs out of cards, draw from the Dungeon Level 1 deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Wilderness deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Dungeon Level 3 deck."

I guess you missed this one too :)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 am

Also worth checking out is this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17048

It is essentially the collected rules and clarifications that come from the developers.

Azihayya

Post by Azihayya » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:54 am

GenWilhelm wrote:"7. If a monster deck runs out of cards, you must draw from the next monster deck above it. If there is no monster deck above it, draw from the monster deck below it. For example, if Dungeon Level 2 runs out of cards, draw from the Dungeon Level 1 deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Wilderness deck. If there are no cards there either, draw from the Dungeon Level 3 deck."

I guess you missed this one too :)
xD
Anton wrote:Also worth checking out is this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17048

It is essentially the collected rules and clarifications that come from the developers.
That's what I needed, thanks!