RPG Mod

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Mortcai

RPG Mod

Post by Mortcai » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am

So I was thinking about it and, I feel like it would be really cool for someone to make a full tabletop rpg conversion (hate incoming). But for those of us who actually enjoy rpg's, I think this would be perfect. Imagine, change up the player mats a bit (maybe add a central GM mat?), get rid of all the cards, coins, etc. make a set of custom dice needed (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20, etc.) An selection of custom gridded boards with dungeons, wilderness, etc. A set of basic custom player mini's to move around. You get the idea, something just very basic to work with. I think it'd be sweet. Now all I have to do is go out and buy unity pro myself, or pray that someone who already owns it reads this and is up to the task.

TreuHybrid

Re: RPG Mod

Post by TreuHybrid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:12 am

This idea has been pitched several times throughout this subforum. If you have a suggestion, you should probably post it in the 'Desperate Gods Mods/Alterations/Suggestions Thread'.

Jereth

Post by Jereth » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:16 am

I'm not sure how well anything past a d8 would work with this physics engine and I'm not about to spend the money to find out. As for custom game boards and player mats, since those components are stationary, I don't see any reason they need to be rendered with the environment. If you could get someone, or even the Devs here to change the skins to load an external bitmap, you could simply change the bitmaps locally.

The next step would be to allow the program to open ports to do a SFTP between players to allow for custom bitmaps to been seen by all players. Then a hotkey setup like music to swap between them.

It's a bit of work but all of the base architecture is in place; it can have ports opened, skins already rendered from bitmaps. It's a place to start. I don't have Unity but I'd be willing to bounce the ideas on how to modify the code by looking at the source if anyone wants to try it.

lisaa

Post by lisaa » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:48 am

Hello. I've recently found this awesome game and trying to play it with my friends.

Few days ago, I tried online(create game->join server) and successfully finished a match.
But now I can't see my friend's server and he can't see mine.

when I create a game or click join game, a message appears: "Failed to connect to master server: Connection failed."

ElliottBish

Post by ElliottBish » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Are you going to continue this topic on forums.wolfire.com, to be honest - fun !