Simple Deck Mod Request

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Scrutiny

Simple Deck Mod Request

Post by Scrutiny » Fri May 31, 2013 1:22 am

The modding efforts here seem pretty disorganized and confusing. I haven't been able to learn much in terms of modding, due to a lack of adequate tutorials.

Anyway, I just want to add an additional deck that has all four monster decks' cards in it. Anyone care to enlighten me as to how I might accomplish that?

Salitas

Re: Simple Deck Mod Request

Post by Salitas » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 pm

If you want to mod DG yourself i suggest getting into coding if you haven't had any experience yet,
You'll also need Unity3d (the free version should be enough but you also got the 30day trial for pro) and DG's source code which you can download at github

Some coffee and patience is recommended aswell

And as far as deck moding goes, I have yet to figure that out, I'm new to coding and those walls of text in the source are baffling haha

Good luck to you

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Actually, you need the Pro version of Unity to do any type of modding for Desperate Gods. David employed some custom shaders or some-such advanced tweaks that aren't supported by the free version.

On the flip, you can search for Vonkie's Mod on this forum and download her most recent version (Windows Only).

Vonkie hasn't updated her mod in quite a while (probably moved on to bigger and better things), but even the current version allows for a lot of options for modification.

Once you get into Vonkie's Mod you can add more cards into a pile, and adjust what their images and values are. I don't think you can actually add a new deck pile, but you could re-arrange things to look the way you want using the existing piles.

Alorwin

Post by Alorwin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:54 pm

Mod accepted and completed: https://www.mediafire.com/?aq1165x5sz8ubom