What are looking forward to the most in lugaru 2?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Wed May 24, 2006 12:33 pm

I really think there should be better cutscenes\dialogue. In lugaru 1 it was just used to set the mood, but it was really just chatter with subtitles. I don't know what could really be done better if David doesn't have access to some people with appropriate voices, and then it would be very hard to edit. There should also be things like head animations within a dialogue rather than changing each pane. Also, a better map editor.

And multiplayer is a must.:D

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Wed May 24, 2006 1:05 pm

I don't think the rabbits are going to be speaking english. I think that would be pretty lame anyway. I'm sure there are people out there that prefer movies dubbed too, but I'm not one of them.

The in-game cutscenes will probably be much better.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu May 25, 2006 10:00 am

I agree at the point about the ropes total awesomeness.
Ropes are always fun.
The only things I can think of that could be done better at cutscenes and such is dynamic camera (as in tilting, paning, driving, etc.) and scriptable movements (such as Turner walking down some paths or an old lady picking up an apple, etc. etc.)

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 am

I'm also really looking forward to fur that reacts. Like, if you hear a wolf growl or see a heavily armored rabbit with a big sword sneaking around, the fur on the back of your neck stands up, or when you get a wound your fur gets red and matted around the wound, or if you go in water and come out your fur will droop, and if you were just in a big fight your fur can be all messed up, and if - Woah, where am I?

Not sure if that would happen, but it'd be so cool if it did! I'd never stop playing it then.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Thu May 25, 2006 2:18 pm

Don't get your hopes up at that.. It's only a fur shader, not a fur simulator :P

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu May 25, 2006 3:26 pm

Actually, raising hackles would be pretty cool.. it would just require two fur shaders. One for normal fur and one for fur that's standing up.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Thu May 25, 2006 7:55 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to multiplayer most; I have no idea what I'd like to see in it, but if it's going to be in there, woo, it's gotta be awesome 8)