Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed May 09, 2007 11:24 pm

Yes, if you throw a knife into someone's chest and then rip it out while doing a cartwheel, there should be some blood spraying after that kill. If he pulls it out himself, there should be some dripping. If you keep it in, minimal dripping.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu May 10, 2007 12:07 am

DAVID BLESS THIS CRAPPY PC COMPUTER THAT HAPPENS TO BE MY SISTERS WOW COMPUTER (I HATE THAT GAME)

Tomorrow my eMac will be upgraded as far as it can!

I think a Realistic blood level is good. Unless you happen to cut a major artery there should be a bleed effect (eg: Cutting the neck, the major arty in the legs i forgot the name of etc)

I want game play I will be Traumatized by due to is realism... :')

I thought of a good beta game as well for before you release Lugaru 2.
Phoenix Temple!
Like AQ, Unreal, and Lugaru.
Simple weapons (gun and melee), Phoenix engine Physics (wall jumps, round house kicks and the like), and something that dose not use hit points, but more getting hit in particular places and getting killed and having realistic damage (think that GMan Demo when it comes to the gun).

Just a thought that would be a good hype up and then waiting a few weeks after the game is done so people can comment and it gives you more time to bug proof the game!

Now please take this post seriously David... I'm about to get killed for using this comp... bye

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:07 am

Colicedus wrote:I want game play I will be Traumatized by due to is realism... :')
FFS people. KILL BILL IS NOT REAL!

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu May 10, 2007 5:01 am

Ultimatum479 wrote: FFS people. KILL BILL IS NOT REAL!
:?: :?: :?:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu May 10, 2007 9:05 am

The new Blitz game had traumatizing gameplay rather than there past unrealistic arcade play... that was a bad move.

Where in past games you just tackled the hell out of your opponents and created huge leg dropping dog piles, this one you just broke bones and played dirty. It's gross, I don't like it.

However blood is fine I think, because it looks cool and isn't that traumatizing. At least not in the way I've seen it.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Mon May 21, 2007 9:16 am

Another suggestion, again involving model-based clothes. How about "Special" clothing items, that a player unlocks during the course of the campaign (without debug on)? These might give a player an advantage on the multiplayer and singleplayer battlefields (increased kick/punch damage, for example). One example is the concept drawing David mentioned a few pages back in this thread:

http://wolfire.com/NinjaTurner.jpg

That footwrap with the knife in it looked awesome as a weapon, so it'd be cool to see a knife kick assassination (basically grabbing the guy and kicking them in the back with the knife foot, working like a backstab) :D

other examples could be brass knuckles (increase punch damage/lengthen KO time) or a spiky chestplate (damages enemies who try and attack your torso with hand-to-hand). What do you think? ^^

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon May 21, 2007 8:30 pm

ChazFox wrote:other examples could be brass knuckles (increase punch damage/lengthen KO time)
Like U479's tacks? :lol:
I bet you U479's gonna have that as his main weaponry.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon May 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Or spiked knuckles? Geeze, I sure hope those already exist, it's such a simple idea. :shock:

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:37 am

ChazFox wrote:lengthen KO time
I'd forgotten completely about the fact that people fall unconscious in Lugaru! Aside from the fact that I finish killing enemies the vast majority of the time (corpses make wonderful projectile weapons), I've never left anyone along after knocking 'em unconscious long enough for them to wake up, so I never remember that feature.

Now that I do...I wonder if it could affect multiplayer in some way? Perhaps subtly, but it'd still be nice. A 10-second respawn time for someone who's dead gets shortened to 5 seconds for merely unconscious players, for example. Of course, in those gametypes where death is permanent, unconscious players might actually end up with enough time to revive during gameplay, and perhaps teammates can wake up an unconscious player more quickly by crouching next to him/her and clicking the mouse.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Tue May 22, 2007 2:54 am

Colicedus wrote:
ChazFox wrote:other examples could be brass knuckles (increase punch damage/lengthen KO time)
Like U479's tacks? :lol:
I bet you U479's gonna have that as his main weaponry.
LMAO they should put in thumbtacks as a little inside joke :D

Now I'm trying to think of a special item/weapon that has something to do with the Stronge meme :3

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue May 22, 2007 9:26 pm

Do a teacup. Everyone loves teacups. Stronge tea is good too.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed May 23, 2007 1:00 am

Maybe the use of tea pots like the Protagonist dose a jug in this clip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwN9FU3u ... ed&search=

(its the third skit in the film, warning, contains graphic material)

I really want to throw Dinnerware at my foes, not because its productive (I don't think it is anyway) but because its fun using Plates as a Shurakin.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:37 am

Going back to blood spurting for a bit...
What about when someone gives you a fatal blow to the neck or some place that would hose out blood like a broken pipe you can hold down a button and your character will hold their hand(s) over the wound(s). Then as you walk around the screen becomes fuzzy and then entirely dark (when you die), but you can drag yourself over to other players and let go of your wounds, hosing them with blood, possibly blinding them in the process before you die....or something...I really have no idea where I was going with this.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:51 am

Perhaps holding a wound could be a protective measure against an artery hit? Holding the blood back while you seek medical attention from a teammate :3 bandages would be another cool feature in L2. If you're bleeding, bandage it up to stop yourself leaving a trail of blood that wolves could track you down by. We could also have the whole "Soaking up the blood" effect that bandages have, and you'd be left with a red stain where the bleeding was.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:35 am

Heres a thought, before each multiplayer game you are given X amount of Currency, That is to buy weapons, armor, Equipment (bandages, lock picks, etc)

You should also be given Declarations and be able to put them on your avatar for winning Multiplayer games.

I also think there should be Clan management in Multiplayer.

With Grays Bleeding idea, I think when you are down to 5-10% health you should be able to perform sepuku and bleed on your foe!

Also, just a thought, Picking up destructible objects and throwing them at your foe, or using them as shields.

also, when unarmed, when a wolf charges at you head on, you should be able to punch it in the jaw and in theory, stop its attack!

some random ideas! :)