Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:00 am

there should also be a mode where you try to Kill yourself in the most Explicit and painful way, often not Deserving for anyone.

this could Include falling out out of a 70 story Building, getting Sliced by Nylon wire that people were using as Clothes Lines, landing into a gores bush with Heaps of Broken glass, or maybe a oversized Chainsaw Pointing up!

oh and you must have T viruses in the game! :lol:

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:36 pm

Colicedus wrote:oh and you must have T viruses in the game! :lol:
Would that be Zombie T virus or a virus that turns everyone into turner?("OMG Turner is comeing! AAHH!"Jeff renamed to turner "He got jeff!" "Run for your liv-" Invertin renamed to turner)

Who here watches Red vs Blue? Imagine if someone made a series or something like that on lugaru2 multiplayer! (It would be hard to organise though.)

Note: I picked the name "jeff" from the turner virus thingy at random! Coincidences are weird.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:49 pm

Zombi Turner With Chainsaws! :twisted:

RhinoG

Post by RhinoG » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:14 am

FTW Colicedus.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:18 am

Colicedus wrote:Zombi Turner With Chainsaws! :twisted:
Zombi turner with chansaws AND rocket launchers! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:46 am

Thats what the game needs, a variety of weaponry like Rocket launchers and Guns that you will never see except in Debug and Multi player.

The Sky is the limit with this Engine by the sounds of things. 8)
I like it. and i hope the Editor is easier to work with. I am trying to wright a campaign and I am having shit all luck with it.

I try to make a rabbit in one place, i go to talk, and it teleports to where the old characters were. :cry:
Help?

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:20 am

Let's have some realistic ideas here. Keep the Doomgaru to your chainsaw thread. :P

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:45 pm

How about Fort Defense. It could be like king of the hill mode but there is an actual fort at the top and there are boulders you could kick down the hill and watch as the rabbits trying to come up got run over. Also the attacking team could get some respawns while the defending team could no or very few respawns.

RhinoG

Post by RhinoG » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:53 pm

What about the bunny kick spammers?
I mean like could you counter 3 people bunny kicking you at once? I know the enemies in the game counter it almost every time, but what if you have a squad of ninja bunnies jumping over your head slicing your throat with a katana after kicking you into a wall.

Or will it even have bunny kicks in Lugaru 2?

for the gamemodes, Capture the flag = must. Along with deathmatch, team dm etc.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:05 pm

tallyl.iii wrote:How about Fort Defense. It could be like king of the hill mode but there is an actual fort at the top and there are boulders you could kick down the hill and watch as the rabbits trying to come up got run over. Also the attacking team could get some respawns while the defending team could no or very few respawns.
That could only really work if there were a LOT of players, and lots of respawns for the attacking team. But it sounds like it would be fun, like the defense would have to hold off all the attackers for a set time, while the attackers tried to break all the siege doors down on the fort. LOTR Siege of Isenguard/Gondor-ripoff mode anyone? :P

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:11 pm

That would be so damn fun... I love defense modes.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:30 pm

Ohh, how about a defense mode melded with CTF? With different classes? Like, at the beginning, everyone chooses different classes (Scout, Archer, Warrior, Wolf etc). At the beginning, there's a mad dash between all the Scouts to get the flag then bring it back to their base. Then, it becomes fort wars - one team sends reinforcements and the other defends their base until the time is up or until the other team breaches their walls and captures the flag, then it's reversed.

Maybe there could be a one person being a RTS-style commander, ordering basic places to charge to or defend (it could show up as an objective on everyone elses screens, along with some instructions), researching new things (armor, starting weapons etc), building additions onto their forts, whatever. For armor and starting weapons, they'd have to choose one particular group to research for at a time, which could affect the game. Like, if the person is busy researching armor for wolves when the archers need new arrows and bows to counter the enemy's new armor, then they won't be as effective and less kills will be made. Maybe in this mode the currency could be the kills made on your team, each one giving you one BunnyKillCoin or something.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:45 pm

I like the ideas but I think it would stray too far from the main idea of Lugaru, that your success depends on skill rather than stats or equipment.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:53 pm

Good point. Maybe I should just go off and start my own game like that or something. :P

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:04 pm

Last stand.
you are Given a little bunker to defend, you have to keep these Zombis/Rioting rabbits/Angry Tax Collectors etc from entering. there would be 10000 in one moment. there is 60 seconds before each raid to collect Special equipment, such as Trip wire (Object that Trips the Character up if they cross) ammo for an Anvil firing Catapult, and more personal items like riot Shields, Chainsaws :P (you may want one) and/or really sharp Swords. if you get too many you will have to try and fight you're way out, or you will be Crushed to death.

for some advance players other players will have to Drag you to a Respawn point rather than the Die and Spawn drill. it makes it harder, but you can play Traditional Spawn points if you r a noob Pirate! :lol:

maybe there could be napalm bombs or something similar.
you need to be able in team play to heal other players.