New Wolfire website

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Sectaurs

Post by Sectaurs » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:25 am

Thats funny Silb; you almost recreated the very first banner ninjas showed us.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:46 am

I'm flattered :)

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:34 am

I like that alot actually. Ninjas has good taste. The font is more appealing to me as well. I think having the lugaru logo on the main page is a really good addition by Silb, product placement. Having a recognizable logo easily seen is a great marketing tool and the more we see it the more we are likely to remember it and buy your product (not that I am the person you need to market to :D but i general...)

wow that was really long winded, im gonna go to sleep now...zzzzz

SMNMX

Post by SMNMX » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:40 am

I still want to hear about the weaponized carrot ;)

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:52 am

It kinda looks like a funny dagger to me -- you know, holding the blade, ready to throw ... they do hold them by the tip, right? :shock:

Though a weaponized carrot could make an awesome hidden feature in the game 8)

Hint hint ... easter egg ...

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:26 pm

I kinda (kinda) liked the idea silb had of the darker are in the banner...
Contrasts and changes be good.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:00 pm

I think that it's a map compass. 0_o -squint- Actually, maybe it is a weaponized carrot.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:12 pm

My immediate interpretation was that it's a throwing knife being held by the blade.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:42 am

Yeah, cool cool.

I like this new homepage, it looks much more professional and easy going I think. The grain like texture of brown and tan is really sweet (although I don't know when, it seems like that background has been reverted back to solid grey), it fits the blog's nice white/sky blue color scale and the forum's soft red background theme. At least that's what I think, the solid black and red theme of the original seems only special to me now because I'm so used to it (ha ha, let's face it, Lugaru is a cult game much like Donnie Darko is a cult film. Real great stuff by seemingly first time developers, great user ratings and editor reviews even though they some how slid past the general public. A big reason why I like the preference to the old theme, even though new visitors might think putting up red and black as a background is silly in contrast to the brown scheme. I don't know, what do you guys think? You guys still digging the preference to the old theme?).

So in all, this is great. Nice job by ninjas for painting up a great rabbit image for the web page. It's real nice since it blends into the theme almost behind the radar, it like "whoa, where'd that work of art come from? nice." hey wait a... the heck? Where'd the picture go? Hmm, seems like it was removed... which means that a new one is coming up! :P
Right? yeaaaa

Oh yeah, first impressions! I didn't even recognize that Turner was holding something until Silb separated it down for the quote. But now that it's here to see, yes, it looks exactly like a throwing knife held on by the tip.
Heh heh guys, look at how sexy* Turner looks like with those tense muscles, damn check out those viens too, he must have done like a gillion (jill-eon) pushups to look like that! And talk about a grip on that blade, now that's tight. (no pun intended! Or not, whatever sounds better.)

*again, not gay by the way

Ok this is wierd, if you type in www.wolfire.com/new you get the picture.
If you use Jeff's link there's no picture, is it just me? How the hell does that make sense? You're right, I don't get it either.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:57 am

It's just you.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:27 am

It's probably a CSS glitch. I've noticed it too, especially after I change something. Sometimes it doesn't load the external CSS file (which contains most of the formatting information) but if you reload a couple times, it should be back to normal.

I made the blog text on the main page a little gray like Silb's screenshot. Any good?

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:42 pm

it occurs to me that there should be a link to the wiki besides the one on the contact page. if people are just looking for mods and maps they probably aren't gonna look there.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:48 pm

That's true. Maybe it should go in the nav bar, next to the forums.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:15 pm

rudel_ic wrote:It's just you.
Image Image
Dude! You aren't getting this man? I refreshed it a bunch (where after a while there's hardly any delay between refreshes), and I think it's because of the address name.
http://www.wolfire.com/new/
http://wolfire.com/new/
Maybe it's bacause of Firefox, but without the www, the background and fonts appear differently.

Oh, good change with the grey font for the blog. The bolding and lighter colored fonts make it look much more, prestige.

On a different note I see that Message Board has been changed to Forums, ok cool.

Oh and on an entirely different note, Bam! 17 guest all at once! I only noticed it at 17 so it could have been way higher... Well, that's more than I've ever remembered seeing it at least... nevermind, offtopic

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:40 am

Zantalos wrote:
rudel_ic wrote:It's just you.
Dude! You aren't getting this man? I refreshed it a bunch (where after a while there's hardly any delay between refreshes), and I think it's because of the address name.
http://www.wolfire.com/new/
http://wolfire.com/new/
Maybe it's bacause of Firefox, but without the www, the background and fonts appear differently.
Dude! I'm getting this man! It's not like that here though.

No, it's not because of Firefox. I'm using it too.