Mounts

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:31 am

Inane wrote:Not all animals.
There were eagles in the sky in the first one.
Uhh, we're clearly talking about ground animals, man. I'm not talking about the hawks.

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:35 am

Mounts? Well, I don't see the pount of a mount except for carrying more stuff than what you have in your backpack. THen, what would you need in your backpack?

I guess you could ride a camel through the desert and carry water and food in the pouches or some crazy crap.

Also, sentient mounts??? Like... ones that talk to you? umm, would be weird...

Inane

Post by Inane » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:44 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Yeah, I was thinking that everyone had forgotten that all the animals will be anthropomorphic.
Don't contradict yourself, Renegade ;).

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:37 pm

Umm, or you can call them... Mammals? That's what sectaurs called them, not animals because it's way too vague.

Munchkin9

Post by Munchkin9 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:19 pm

Okay look fine mavbe not mamals but i think i mount would be useful: Even though turner runs fast what if the maps this time are made much bigger which would add to the fun. (hmm well the thing is you dont have to listen to me actually because I am completly mad about mounts i love them ( thats way i like oblivion so much HORSE) but okay i still think it would add to the game play.

Oh and another thing i just thought up if you are going to have mounts you might ass well make this an rpg which might not be what you want for this game so your choice: Normall no mounts no rpg, less attraction, but keep to the original, or rpg + mounts, more atraction but not like the first. The earlier is the most likely.

Something else how do you quote?

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:48 pm

Munchkin9 wrote:Something else how do you quote?
There's a quote button in the upper right of every post; the rest is pretty easy ;)

Inane

Post by Inane » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:51 pm

Munchkin, you lack research skills.

Lugaru 2 is going to be an open-ended RPG, so no linear set of levels.
This of course makes mounts more usefull.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:06 pm

You want me to answer that?

You copy and past whatever onto your post such as
Wolfire Software
Discuss all things Wolfire (or not)

Then you highlight it and click the little tag thingy called "quote"
In which case it turns it into
Wolfire Software
You can also write after of the word 'quote', who wrote it. Such as,
The Wolfire Forums Title wrote: whatever the quote is, followed by the usual [/qoute]

at the end. (I realize I spelled "quote" incorrectly, actually it was an accident but whatever, it stops the bbcode from working... heh heh)
The Wolfire Forum's Title wrote: Wolfire Software
Ha ha, no really it's pretty easy how it works, I just felt like making an unnecessary tutorial.

And if you just want your mount to carry around your stuff, I'd rather just hire another rabbit to do it for me. Because, other rabbits that follow you around and carry your stuff is awesome (rabbits that actually follow you around AND not try to kill you in the process? Sweet deal I'd say).

However, unlike Oblivion's movement that is slow, stale, and brakes your leg you whenever you attempt to run down a hill (stupid hovering movement system...). I think running around will be fun to not even need a mount. Turner already runs really fast and jumps about 40 feet across the map, not sure if any horse can top that, it would have to be moving really really fast to compete with jumpers.

Jumpers Man! Image
(just to make this post way way longer than it needs to be, plus, try and guess who made it. C'mon guess! Think of it as a little miniquest you can mention in the following post)

And I'm not entirely sure what the problem this is, but tickets would be really usefull. Instead of going back and forth between cities you've already explored over and over again, that can be annoying after a while. It may just be better to go over to a terminal or something and getting teleported to wherever you want, or have it like Lugaru 1 and click anywhere on the map. It's probably fun to go from place to place at first, but if you've already gotten to near the end of the game or whatever, you might just want to jump back to revisit the first areas, and it could take a really long time just by running there.
OR, do what Darkstar One does and have a little time increase thingy that you activate when traveling from one end of an area to another. You point yourself in the right direction, hold v and then gamespeed increases to about double and you get this awesome little blur effect going on (plus a bunch of cool lights from all the other space ships traveling around really fast as well). It automatically stops when you get close to enemy ships like pirates, or if you get too close to a trade station or something. Fun little thing that works wonders in Lugaru 1 though "speed 2.8," screw donkeys, BENNY HILL TIME!

Munchkin9

Post by Munchkin9 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:31 pm

hold on i am confused: Lugaru II IS or is NOT going to be an rpg i need an explanation here.

Second: no need to go on about oblivion it was just a side note.

Third: no tickets for flying or getting carried between citeis and stuff that is really annoying however i think i can live with just clicking on a map to go somewhere.

fourth: it would be real cool if you could get other rabbits to follow you as freinds and they would carry and fight with you (you would need to make them easy to know that they are not the enemie and you need to be able to control them really well.

Fith: Other rabbits need to be able to throw knives it would help with the game play

Six: Fine no mounts though mounts are fun they might not be that useful and it is hard because all mammals are sentiant (whatever) and that mammals make the best mounts but it would be dum to talk to your mount.

Seventh: no pack mounts that is dum and useless.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:54 pm

Having something to carry your vast amount of equipment is dumb and useless? Try saying that when you have to make a choice between hanging on to your loot or escaping a pack of angry wolves. :o

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:55 pm

Inane wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Yeah, I was thinking that everyone had forgotten that all the animals will be anthropomorphic.
Why are you bothering to argue about something so trivial? You know what I meant? Should we all correct misspellings in each others posts as well? It was clear we weren't talking about the flying creatures as mounts. Don't be a condescending fool.

And guys, are you seriously considering having some little task rabbit follow you around and carry stuff for you? I would not really see the point in that.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:07 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Inane wrote:
Why are you bothering to argue about something so trivial? You know what I meant? Should we all correct misspellings in each others posts as well? It was clear we weren't talking about the flying creatures as mounts. Don't be a condescending fool.

And guys, are you seriously considering having some little task rabbit follow you around and carry stuff for you? I would not really see the point in that.
Dude, that's jacked up. I didn't even write that and I feel bad.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:08 pm

I don't understand what you mean, Zantalos. Which part?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:12 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I don't understand what you mean, Zantalos. Which part?
Umm... nevermind, I'm a ninny and
well, when one person calls another person a "condescending fool (tee hee)," that makes me a sad panda :(

I think the purpose of a task rabbit to carry your stuff around is because this is an rpg setting. If it's an rpg setting such as those in Fallout where you aquire items from dead guys and sell them to store owners, then pack rats are pretty important (plus this game is great at brawl fights, an enemy leg sweeps you from below while the other round house kicks you in the face, it would be cool if you could get friends to help you do that; or you know, to occupy one of them long enough).

I'm not really sure how Lugaru 2's movement system deals with weight though. You get a pack that has a 3-d interface where you store your items. But it's cool, with endorphin ragdolls, you can tell them to walk and they move along fine, you can also give them things like a huge freaking gun (as used in their tutorial) and their movement completely changes. They still walk, but they now slouch over under the weight of the object in their hands (which you can set to any amount you want, heavy dense gun or a very light gun, it all has a reaction to their movement), It would be cool if that was possible in actual games though (because apart from scenes you can do endorphin, I've never actually seen it happen in games yet).

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:03 pm

Please, don't make Lugaru 2 a kill-and-sell pseudo rpg with fighting as a gimmick. Those games suck imho.