Music in Lugaru 2

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
AiglosCelt

Music in Lugaru 2

Post by AiglosCelt » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:46 pm

Greetings folks. I'm AiglosCelt. When I write music, I'm Triskele. Anyways, I've been a fan of Lugaru for a long time, but I've never hit the forums...trolled now and then, but whatever.

My question is, will the devs be looking for any external talent in music creation? I remember reading somewhere that David did the music for the first game (I think...) but I was wondering if there might be any opportunity for me to contribute...

Let me give you a bit of my musical background, in case this is possible. My main genre is Celtic music. I play in an Irish band, and my instruments include voice, pennywhistle/tin whistle, folk flute, bodhran, harp, dulcimer, bagpipe chanter, and a few others I toy around with. I also have fooled with some trip-hop and breakbeat style electronica, and am an experienced dj. All my music can be found in my sig. More recently I've been experimenting with orchestral-celtic hybrids, similar to some of the music from the LOTR movies (think the shire theme with the folk flute...yeeeah, that's the stuff :D). I think that's the kind of thing that might fit better with the world of Lugaru.

So yeah, this is probably a ridiculous question to ask, but I'd love to help make Lugaru a reality in any way I can, and as I have no programing or modeling skills whatsoever, this is what I'm left with.

Good to be here, and hope to become a more vocal part of the community from now on! Cheers.

Trip-hop
Celtic
Last edited by AiglosCelt on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:44 pm

Well, top a' the mornin' to ya!
The music in Lugaru was kinda boring. It could go for some trip hop and some bagpipes. They could intro Lugaru 2 with a sweeping helicopter view of landscapes set to a bagpipe solo, like in Braveheart! :D

AiglosCelt

Post by AiglosCelt » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:54 pm

MacWiggy wrote:Well, top a' the mornin' to ya!
The music in Lugaru was kinda boring. It could go for some trip hop and some bagpipes. They could intro Lugaru 2 with a sweeping helicopter view of landscapes set to a bagpipe solo, like in Braveheart! :D
Turner in a kilt with woad tatoos...best skin EVER!!!

BUNNY FREEDOM!!!!!!!

Sage

Re: Music in Lugaru 2

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:00 pm

AiglosCelt wrote:will the devs be looking for any external talent in music creation?
If you consider an orchestra as external talent, hell yes.

EDIT: And by that I mean I heard Dave or Jeff say something about an orchestra playing for them, and that just blows me away.

AiglosCelt

Post by AiglosCelt » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:10 pm

O.o

um...wow...I feel inadiquate :P

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:18 am

MacWiggy wrote:Well, top a' the mornin' to ya.
I resent that. Of course, being a frequenter of chat rooms etc, I have come to terms with American-fueled stereotypes and have come to terms with the idiocy.

Anyway, AiglosCelt, we call it Irish music, not Celtic, in case you were not aware. I suppose it generally causes less confusion for you to say "Celtic" anyway. What really annoys me more is people calling our language Celtic. We call it Irish. No where here calls it Celtic.

Anyway, do you know Danú? Danú is a really good Irish music band. I was brought up listening to Irish music by my parents, so I'm pretty familiar with it, although it is generally not one of my preferred music types. I've only really acquired a taste for it in the laste year or so, because before that I just really felt like being ignorant of it. I suppose everyone's music taste fluctuates over time. I pretty much like anything, Rage Against The Machine, Marvin Gaye, Tupac, The Doors, Faithless, Aretha Franklin, The Beatles, Billy Talent, Beethoven, Rush, Rory Gallagher, Michael Jackson etc. I rambled a bit there, but why not?

AiglosCelt

Post by AiglosCelt » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:39 am

See, I tend to say Celtic cuz I don't just play Irish music. I take stuff from the Scottish and Welsh traditions as well, and even some Breton tunes. I know you folks call it Irish :D

I call your language Gaelic...I guess I'm just stupid lol

And I love Danu...I've done quite a few covers of thei arrangements. I also especially like Solas, Flook, and Laurence Nugent...awesome flute players, all.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:42 am

It's awesome to find someone from not around here who respects the music. How old are you?

And when you said you were in an Irish band, I thought you meant Irish = Celtic.

AiglosCelt

Post by AiglosCelt » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:54 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:It's awesome to find someone from not around here who respects the music. How old are you?

And when you said you were in an Irish band, I thought you meant Irish = Celtic.
Yeah, that was confusing...my band plays mostly Irish, but we're all-but-dead now...I do mostly solo work at this point...so yeah.

I just turned 18, and I'm gearing up to head to University to study Singing and Celtic studies...WOOT!

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:34 am

My father did a bit of celtic music a while back... I'm a big fan. I hope they do get you into it, cause that would be awesome. Seriously. I love that music.

AiglosCelt

Post by AiglosCelt » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:23 pm

Well thank you...I hope so too ^^

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:05 pm

Hmm, although I do have an affection for that music, I still don't think it would be inkeeping with the mood of the game. No offense, I just don't think you can put any style of music into a game and call it okay. That's only my opinion, I suppose, and I still wish you the best of luck.

AiglosCelt

Post by AiglosCelt » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:15 pm

I hear what you're saying, but my thought would be to have more orchestral-style tracks with some folk instruments featured...if that makes any sense at all.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:00 pm

Wait for David or Jeff to say something.

AiglosCelt

Post by AiglosCelt » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:09 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Wait for David or Jeff to say something.
so I will :D