Access to the Secret Pre-Order Board

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Dr_Zedd

Access to the Secret Pre-Order Board

Post by Dr_Zedd » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello, I recently purchased Overgrowth, maybe 2 and a half hours ago, and I don't have access to the secret message board so I can get the Updater. I bought the game and i don't know why but I got directed to Humble Bundle. So I bought the game and registered on the forums and I'm still not allowed on the secret thing thread. Is this because I bought the game before I registered?
Later I watched a video on how to get access, and it said I needed to get 2 emails. 1 from PayPal (received that) and one from Wolfire with my Key. I didn't get a message from Wolfire games yet with my Key, please help?

SamW

Re: Access to the Secret Pre-Order Board

Post by SamW » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:22 pm

The humble store (humble bundle) hosts your purchases now. You should get a link to your purchase page which is on the humble store.

Double check to see if you have gotten an email from wolfire, or humble bundle/humble store.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:08 am

It used to be that whenever this problem happened, people couldn't even download the game. Now they can download it from the Humble Bundle site, even before their forum account problems are sorted out.

Since the change happened so recently, I don't know what's the correct procedure for linking the forum account to preorderer status now. Before, you had to contact Wolfire support directly.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:59 am

Hey Dr Zedd, there is a box on your Humble Store download page that looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/SrLyT.png

Click that, and it will expand into a larger section that has a link to wolfire.com/spf/redeem/(your key here) which will allow you to link your forum account.

Sorry about the confusion!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 am

Thanks, Jeff, that's going to be useful.