How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
foxbro123

Re: How to access the Overgrowth - Secret Preorder Forum

Post by foxbro123 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:48 pm

I go to the humble bundle link and my account is verified and it says unknown key without even letting me put in the key I need help :(

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:26 pm

foxbro123 wrote:I go to the humble bundle link and my account is verified and it says unknown key without even letting me put in the key I need help :(
You are not supposed to go to this URL.

Code: Select all

https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY
You are supposed to copy it and replace the YOURCDKEY-part with your actual CD Key. The resulting address is the one you are supposed to type into your browser's address bar.

sirmuffinsthedestroy

Post by sirmuffinsthedestroy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:50 pm

one of my friends tried it but it failed :(

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:45 pm

sirmuffinsthedestroy wrote:one of my friends tried it but it failed :(
Are you trying to get help for that?

Maybe you should include a i of actual information then. From what you say it just sounds to me like he's doing something wrong.

angrywolfteeth

Bundle over

Post by angrywolfteeth » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:15 am

Why does it say the bundle is over? Is it over and what do I click? pls halp

EPR89

Re: Bundle over

Post by EPR89 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:26 pm

angrywolfteeth wrote:Why does it say the bundle is over? Is it over and what do I click? pls halp
Where does it say that?

PEINA_OVEJAS

Post by PEINA_OVEJAS » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:22 pm

i cant acces to spf, y have the code and asays me to access the spf with forum name, but i dont find that option and my username arent same how can fix that? (sorry my ortography im spansih :oops:

ribblle

Post by ribblle » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 am

I bought this through steam, and i only get no CD key found when i try activating it on humble bundle. What should i do?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:59 am

ribblle wrote:I bought this through steam, and i only get no CD key found when i try activating it on humble bundle. What should i do?
At what point does it say that?

Are you replacing the part in capital letters with your own CD Key before going to the URL? It is not a link that you just click on, you need to edit it with your own key.

ribblle

Post by ribblle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:14 am

I have indeed edited the link. No dice. It says no CD key found immediately after loading the modified link.

I bought the CD key through a third party site before activating it with steam, if that helps.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 pm

ribblle wrote:I have indeed edited the link. No dice. It says no CD key found immediately after loading the modified link.

I bought the CD key through a third party site before activating it with steam, if that helps.
Also to double check, you removed the hyphens from the CD key before entering it?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:04 pm

ribblle wrote:I have indeed edited the link. No dice. It says no CD key found immediately after loading the modified link.

In that case, it sounds like you possibly got a stolen key.

Can you see your CD Key in Steam, or did you just use the activation key you got from that website? There has been tons of people who bought from G2A who could not get their SPF Key because they didn't get a valid CD Key with their purchase.
To be perfectly honest, I don't think I have ever heard of someone who bought from a third-party store who could access the preorder forum. You'd probably fare best trying to get a refund as soon as possible and hen buying the game from one of the official stores instead.

ribblle

Post by ribblle » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:46 am

Oooh drama. I don't think there's a way to see your product key's for most games on steam. Cheers anyway.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 am

ribblle wrote:Oooh drama. I don't think there's a way to see your product key's for most games on steam. Cheers anyway.
For Overgrowth it should work. The only use for it is to get your SPF Key, so it has to work if you have a valid copy of it. If you can't see it, either Steam is acting up or you probably used a key reseller like G2A and managed to get a stolen key.

RikthePrick

Post by RikthePrick » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 am

EPR89 wrote:
ribblle wrote:Oooh drama. I don't think there's a way to see your product key's for most games on steam. Cheers anyway.
For Overgrowth it should work. The only use for it is to get your SPF Key, so it has to work if you have a valid copy of it. If you can't see it, either Steam is acting up or you probably used a key reseller like G2A and managed to get a stolen key.
It doesn't, I've tried to get the view cd key option to appear across multiple machines. I even had my friend who lives in Germany login to my steam account and install the game just to see if the option appeared for him. Just like many other people in this thread. I cannot see any form of key and I do not have access to email associated with the humble bundle account. Steam tells me to fuck off, and humble bundle can't verify my identity. [email protected] just redirects a ticket to wolfire anyways, making my entire situation Shit out of luck.