Overgrowth Finished?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Frostwell

Overgrowth Finished?

Post by Frostwell » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi i've just got Overgrowth and i think it is great!
However i was wondering if there is going to be a definitive campaign story to play as the character turner or is just purely going to be a sandbox game? I know alot of people that would be drawn to this game like a moth if there was a story based game come through! :)

Also are there any multiplayer option for the game? :?:

EPR89

Re: Overgrowth Finished?

Post by EPR89 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:50 pm

There absolutely will be a story. You can read the comic to get a taste of the overall feel, even though the story of the comic will definitely not be the story of Overgrowth. From what I have heard so far, the game will be the sequel to Lugaru. Whether it starts at the point where Lugaru ended or at a totally different point is not entirely clear. But I think it's safe to say that the team have honed their skills, not just in game design and programming, but also in writing. So expect something good.

I am pretty sure that there will be at least a versus mode, since a basic version of that is already present in the Alpha right now.

Frostwell

Post by Frostwell » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Brilliant! It has so much potential as a story based gamw and im terrible at creating my own levels o the quicker they make it the better :lol:

so are there no official date given out because the game has been in development for a while now hasent it? :?:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

The game has been in development, yes. The developers don't know when they'll be ready, or if they know, they aren't telling. Personally, I think it's more likely that they just aren't comfortable making any guesses, because it'd likely be wrong and people would feel that they were lied to.

Their Twitter feed has mentioned that they're working on single-player stuff, but I understand it's some sort of an arena mode. Arena fighting next, the story sometime later, that's my guess.

Frostwell

Post by Frostwell » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:49 pm

I see, i have noticed however on the main menu of overgrowth there is a campaign option with three option on there and wondered what they were about? :?:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:53 pm

It's easier to make a new entry in the user interface, than to make that whole new feature. They have made user interface stuff for things like server browsers back in 2009. Obviously they didn't implement multiplayer back then! :D

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:44 am

I'm really eager to see the new update, I had thought that OG would have been updated today. ;n;

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Retarded Username wrote:I'm really eager to see the new update, I had thought that OG would have been updated today. ;n;

same, i mean i don't wanna whine or anything but it's been a bit over a month.

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:11 pm

underthedeep wrote:
Retarded Username wrote:I'm really eager to see the new update, I had thought that OG would have been updated today. ;n;

same, i mean i don't wanna whine or anything but it's been a bit over a month.

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT
I'm sorry but....Image But really, I want alpha too.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:32 pm

In my opinion Overgrowth seems done, other than being unstable and unfinished, I looked beside those and saw a solid, finished game. With a liiiiittttllleeee more polishing this game is finished
then after allllllll the features Wolfire wants are in BOOM! Overgrowth is finished.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:In my opinion Overgrowth seems done, other than being unstable and unfinished, I looked beside those and saw a solid, finished game. With a liiiiittttllleeee more polishing this game is finished
then after allllllll the features Wolfire wants are in BOOM! Overgrowth is finished.
Because developing a story and making finished levels that optimally use the game mechanics is easy and should not be considered a significant step..................

shayanjameel08

Post by shayanjameel08 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:28 am

I'm really eager to see the new update, I had thought that OG would have been updated today. ;n;

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:06 pm

shayanjameel08 wrote:I'm really eager to see the new update, I had thought that OG would have been updated today. ;n;
Question is: Why copy my exact reply to the thread?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:27 am

Retarded Username wrote:
shayanjameel08 wrote:I'm really eager to see the new update, I had thought that OG would have been updated today. ;n;
Question is: Why copy my exact reply to the thread?
My guess: buggered up a quote.

Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:50 am

Gotta be honest, I bought this game years ago and I think it's in the same development hell that Cortex Command was in. If this game ever is released, it'll be in an unfinished state because of all the wasted time on realistically swaying bushes soft tissue mass rag dolling and all the other meaningless fluff that will have zero effect on the gameplay.

I would love to be proven wrong, but the fact that they're fine-tuning their combat system AFTER polishing the graphics is a bad sign I've seen repeated again and again in the indie scene. Suppose they don't release before the new console generation makes their meticulously polished graphics engine laughably obsolete? Are they gonna pull a "Daikatana" and scrap their obsolete engine for a licensed current one?

Sometimes it's good to have a deadline lighting a fire under developers' asses.