Overgrowth deleted How do i get it back?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Vaxus

Overgrowth deleted How do i get it back?

Post by Vaxus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:44 am

something happened to my computer and it deleted a lot of apps and files on my mac everything fine now but i realized i didn't have Overgrowth and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it again. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

AmorphousGamer

Re: Overgrowth deleted How do i get it back?

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:34 am

Well, first you need to gain access to the Overgrowth Secret Preorder Forum. Considering you're a pirate, I must inform you that you cannot do that.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:09 am

relax, remember you don't need to be a member of the spf to have overgrowth anymore, you can have it straight from the humble bundle page. sadly I haven't kept up to date with helpy type stuff but you should be able to shoot wolfire an email and ask for them to resend your page or whatnot, just make sure you use the email you used to buy it.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:45 am

Count Roland wrote:relax, remember you don't need to be a member of the spf to have overgrowth anymore, you can have it straight from the humble bundle page. sadly I haven't kept up to date with helpy type stuff but you should be able to shoot wolfire an email and ask for them to resend your page or whatnot, just make sure you use the email you used to buy it.
I told him to gain access to the SPF because he asked this question in the wrong place. You don't ask for help with this sort of issue outside the SPF. If you can't get to the SPF, you don't need help with this issue, because you're a pirate.

last

Post by last » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:12 am

AmorphousGamer wrote: If you can't get to the SPF, you don't need help with this issue, because you're a pirate.
Can you explain this. Because you don't have to have registered SPF forum account to download Overgrowth, because all the download links are in Humble Bundle website. Once you have account in there, you don't need access to the SPF when you don't want to have all the mods and maps.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:24 pm

last wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote: If you can't get to the SPF, you don't need help with this issue, because you're a pirate.
Can you explain this. Because you don't have to have registered SPF forum account to download Overgrowth, because all the download links are in Humble Bundle website. Once you have account in there, you don't need access to the SPF when you don't want to have all the mods and maps.
Agreed.
Although it does seem strange that he says he can't find his download link anywhere.

Check the place you got it from the first time, Vaxus.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:38 pm

last wrote:
Well, yes. The issue is that this is not the Overgrowth forum. This is an Overgrowth related question. As with all other games, you should ask questions about Overgrowth in its forum. It doesn't take a lot of work to get in to the correct forum, assuming you have Overgrowth. And if you are simply unable to get to the SPF, then what does that tell us? That tells us we've got a pirate. Understand?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:29 pm

right but he doesn't necessarily have an account on the forums as he could have bought and downloaded overgrowth legally without ever making a forum account, he might have forgotten to bookmark his page or deleted the email that linked to it or any number of things. the point is that this is a perfectly acceptable place for him to ask for help, he might just need to set up his account to be linked to his preorder, or he might be a pirate. This kind of "anyone without a preorder tag is a pirate" attitude paints a rather negative portrait of the wolfire community, especially since they no longer need to have a forum account to have legally obtained the game.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:00 pm

AmorphousGamer wrote:And if you are simply unable to get to the SPF, then what does that tell us? That tells us we've got a pirate. Understand?
That tells us that the person asking the question is confused, doesn't know how things work in this forum, and needs help. What we should do is HELP. Since he or she has trouble downloading, he or she might not have the original e-mail left, in which case marking the forum account as a preorder-account is going to be quite difficult... of course, they don't know that they should do that, unless someone tells them that.

Vaxus

Post by Vaxus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 am

First of all, I am no where near a pirates level, and i got overgrowth on the official site and was unaware of this forum. this is actually the first forum i have ever been on. and i think i know the e-mail linked to my account. but yes i am mad confused.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:51 am

see, there you have it, I'm sorry that we argued over piracy and whatnot instead of being a helpful friendly community, did you try what I suggested in my first reply? emailing [email protected]?
Edit: or you can wait for endoperez to give you actual useful information that took up more of his time than I was willing to spend! that works too!
Last edited by Count Roland on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:57 am

You've had to wait for quite a while already (sorry about that), and waiting for Wolfire's answer would have you waiting for a while longer... I don't know if this will work for you, but it's worth a try. Perhaps you can get it working before

If you go here and log in using your e-mail, or create a new account using your e-mail, the system should recognize it. Use the same e-mail you used when buying Overgrowth. Overgrowth should either appear there, or show up in the "Claim Past Purchases" thing at the very top. If Overgrowth shows up, you can download it.
https://www.humblebundle.com/home

Here's how you register your account as a preorderer; if this works, you can download it from the forums:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

Hopefully that works, or if it doesn't, you get an answer from the developers soon.

Vaxus

Post by Vaxus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:38 am

It turns out I found overgrowth in a folder in my old computer is but it's version 194. is there anyway I can update it to version 200?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Vaxus wrote:It turns out I found overgrowth in a folder in my old computer is but it's version 194. is there anyway I can update it to version 200?
You can use the SUMLauncher, the A200 thread in the SPF or your Humble Store page to download the latest version. SUMlauncher is the easiest way to do it.
As pretty much everyone has told you already, you should verify your account to gain access to the SPF. People can only offer you very limited help outside.

last

Post by last » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am

Yes, you may save some download time, when you gain access to the secret preorder forum and download there SUM launcher. With this tool you can easily update your OG from a194 to a200.
I can't really say the download time differences between using SUM launcher as a updater or downloading the full game again.
Either way you have to have access to preorder forum. There is one more way to download the full game outside of this forum using humblebundle.com's account, but you can only download there full game installer.