An idea that I thought up.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

An idea that I thought up.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:36 pm

For the past year I thought of a idea for a game. A game useing the lugaru engine called ''LonerMan''. If it is possible to develop the game useing the lugaru engine or possibly a new engine that david might be working on soon. But right now it's still in the concept art stages.

My idea on the gameplay would be gun play with a mix of melee and fighting just like in Lugaru. The levels would take place in citys or in other areas like forests or temples. Jumping and movement might be the same like in lugaru but tone down a little. The fighting system would be like fighting games such as tekken or DOA but the camrea angles will be the same as lugaru. Melee weapons and attack would be a lot like ninja gaiden or devil may cry but with better camrea angles. Weapons outside of melee weapons would be guns, uzi's and other types of guns. Rocket launchers, revamped shotguns, etc.

I'm not sure if this whole game will be in development but it's a interesting idea.

disc

Post by disc » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:17 pm

Sounds kind of like Oni, except with melee weapons (which they really should have, and could have, included in that game...).

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:01 am

It sounds like a Spider-man given weapons.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:33 pm

LonerMan....
The idea sounds like the spawn of Postal and Quake, but without the urine.
Actualy it sounds pretty cool and the world needs a Oni 2 under another name, but DEFINITELY not LonerMan.. please.

Maybe you should write up a design doc for it? http://gamedev.net/ has some good guides and templates for writing design docs.

Lugaruman100

Post by Lugaruman100 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:12 pm

zip wrote:The idea sounds like the spawn of Postal and Quake, but without the urine.
Actualy it sounds pretty cool and the world needs a Oni 2 under another name, but DEFINITELY not LonerMan.. please.
Actally not like postal and quake. More like Max payne meets Devil may cry and Gungrave. The reason I wanted the name lonerman is because the character is a loner. The main character is a bounty hunter who is being chased by 3 mobs. Lonerman is trying to hunt down mobs and drug dealers and the mobs and drug dealers are trying every single thing to kill him. I'm still thinking about the storyline but most likely its similar to max payne and japanese anime.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:18 pm

Aeiiiaaa
If I were browsing IMG and I saw "Sneak Preview: LonerMan" I would keep on going, its not a good title at all, it sounds lame, and if the name is lame the game isn't going to sell no matter HOW good it is, because it won't get attention.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:52 pm

I don't like games that combine guns and melee. :( If it's done well, like in Oni, that is cool, but uzis, assault rifles, etc. don't work mix well.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:52 pm

Jeff wrote:I don't like games that combine guns and melee. :( If it's done well, like in Oni, that is cool, but uzis, assault rifles, etc. don't work mix well.
Have you ever heard of GoldenEye? 8)

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:48 pm

Viking Zippy wrote:
Jeff wrote:I don't like games that combine guns and melee. :( If it's done well, like in Oni, that is cool, but uzis, assault rifles, etc. don't work mix well.
Have you ever heard of GoldenEye? 8)
I get angry just thinking about FPS' without a mouse.

Lugaruman100

Post by Lugaruman100 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:36 am

zip wrote:Aeiiiaaa
If I were browsing IMG and I saw "Sneak Preview: LonerMan" I would keep on going, its not a good title at all, it sounds lame, and if the name is lame the game isn't going to sell no matter HOW good it is, because it won't get attention.
That's cold Zip. Very cold....

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:25 am

Lugaruman100 wrote:
zip wrote:Aeiiiaaa
That's cold Zip. Very cold....
I agree with Zip. no matter how good the game is, it just won't catch the eye. to me, it sounds like a guy trying to get a girlfriend. Plus, you're years from developing such things, I'm sorry to say. How much have you programmed?

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:13 pm

So the name LonerMan is terrible. But I can't think of any others :P

Lugaruman100

Post by Lugaruman100 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:04 am

I could think of an another name for the game but the main character is called LonerMan. Maybe the game will be called KanjiLoners or something. Like I said its just a concept but I would like the game to be developed by wolfire software. Hopfuly in 2 years the technology for the lugaru engine will changed a lot. And who knows, the company might grow from 1 person to 20 people.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:19 am

I'll do it if you can raise 2M to fund it.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:48 pm

Two German Marks, eh? Might be hard with the emergence of the Euro as the main currency, though.