Activating Steam CD Keys

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Rolanthas

Activating Steam CD Keys

Post by Rolanthas » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:15 pm

hey, so it seems Steam sorted out the CD Key issue and we can finally access our keys. I couldn't find where to put the key to access the secret forum however. All the instructions are for humble bundle keys. can someone direct me to the right section / link to put in my Steam key?

hellspawn225

Re: Activating Steam CD Keys

Post by hellspawn225 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Well i went to www.wolfire.com/spf and that is supposed to be where you put in the key and once it is accpeted you enter your forum name, but the form is saying my steam key isnt in the database sooo idk ha

Rolanthas

Post by Rolanthas » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:06 pm

alright figured it out. You need to use your Steam keys through humble bundle page. go to https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=YOURCDKEY , and follow the steps. This gives you yet another key that you can then use to access the secret forum.

edit:: Note down your forum access key, since SMU also requires it to activate. For some reason.

IlluminatiRex

Post by IlluminatiRex » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm getting the same thing, it's saying my steam key isn't in the database.

Dose

Post by Dose » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:47 pm

the link you provided doesn't work for me, The steam cd key is showing now but it also says that it's not in database. Ugh this is way more difficult than it should be.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Dose wrote:the link you provided doesn't work for me, The steam cd key is showing now but it also says that it's not in database. Ugh this is way more difficult than it should be.
They're trying to take an already-working system and merge it with a different already-working system. Of course it's going to be complicated and difficult.

Haryn

Post by Haryn » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Same problem here. I'm loving the combat by the way.

Rodee

Post by Rodee » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Unfortunately, when I bought the game from steam and made a humble bundle account right after It's saying the same thing.

We received a request to resend your Humble keys. However, we do not have any keys on record for this email address. If you may have used a different email address when you made your purchase, try entering it into the key resender page.

And hi Im new here. bought this a couple days ago

sobachkaspike

Post by sobachkaspike » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I get the code, linked my username to the SPF code, and still cant access the sp forum, whats the problem here?

Amaranthaceae

Post by Amaranthaceae » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm having the exact same problem and Rodee, the link to the Humble Bundle website has me enter in my e-mail address and I tried the only two e-mail addresses I have, but neither of them have the key or any records of Overgrowth when I receive the e-mail. Also inputting my Steam key to the Wolfire database doesn't work as it says it's not in the system. Hopefully a comprehensive solution presents itself soon, because this game is damn good.