Please help!

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
sephiroth7777

Please help!

Post by sephiroth7777 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Okay, story time.
A while ago (nearly a year ago) i preordered the game and was, lets say a little cheesed off because the alpha wouldnt run on my crappy laptop, so i got a refund.

Now i have a new PC, and i preordered the game again to play the alpha.
Trouble is, I forgot my username and password i used to create my forum account before. This means I cant download the alpha because I cant create a new Secret forum account thingy, because my email is already is use with an account. (I have the alpha key but I need to access an account to use it)
This forum account is a makeshift one i made to ask for help
I tried the search user thing and I couldnt find anything of my old account

Any ideas? Please respond asap, desperate to play this! :cry:

last

Re: Please help!

Post by last » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:48 pm

I post this just incase you have missed it, an option to find forum member username and aslo alphabetical order of members.
What i think you can do is find the original emails from wolfire forums. There is one really specific one that is really important one named Welcome to "Wolfire Games Forums" where is listed your username and maybe even your personal secret preorder page where you received your Overgrowth key.
Also try to remember that did you maybe received any private messages when it was so then there should be emails left from Wolfire Games <[email protected]> and they are named New private message has arrived, those should also contain your username.
Also maybe you have still left the conversion emails about your request for refund and maybe they contain anything useful for you.

sephiroth7777

Post by sephiroth7777 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Okay, I realised that i dont actually need to access the SPF to download/play the game. Now I have a new problem. I downloaded the game and extracted it, but when I try and run overgrowth, it tells me i'm using an intel graphics card, and to enable a different one. I dont have a different graphics card, and it also tells me I will have to wait until they implement a shader backup path or something? So basically, I can't play AGAIN. Second time I have bought this game and the second time I am unable to play it. Are you serious?
Can anyone give me any tips on what to do/how to run the game?

last

Post by last » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:26 pm

You do realize that Preorder tag is important for us who want to help you, so we can see that you actually really have preordered the game. We don't want to waste our time to help those who pirate Overgrowth.
Why do you think there are so many topics here, in this forum, with answers like, please follow this tutorial to access secret preorder forum and also we can't help you, unless you have preorder tag.

sephiroth7777

Post by sephiroth7777 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:33 pm

I've explained that I cant access my account with which I preordered because I previously bought the game and got a refund but i cant remember the account details. I just want to play the damn game I payed for..

sephiroth7777

Post by sephiroth7777 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Can someone just tell me if there's anything I can do about the fact I have an intel graphics card? Can I, yet again, not play the game?

last

Post by last » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:49 pm

But here is a thought, have you contacted wolfire about your problem that you can't activate your preorder?

sephiroth7777

Post by sephiroth7777 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:00 pm

I have activated the preorder, I used the alpha key to download overgrowth. Need I post my alpha key to prove it?! I just cant access my old account (which uses the email I used to purchase the alpha). Ergo, I cant access the SPF. I didnt want to go through the hassel of waiting however long for an email reply on how to access my old account, I just wanted to play the game :( I've waited a year for a new computer, i've been so excited to play this game and now, for a second time, it wont run.

last

Post by last » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:06 pm

You have waited a year, so why can't you wait a day or few more to get access?

sephiroth7777

Post by sephiroth7777 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:12 pm

God, you're an asshole. I just want to play :(

I don't want to go through all the shit to access my old account and wait days if i cant play the game anyway.

Can someone just give me a yes or no, is there any way I can ever play (at the moment, not in 10 years when they release the game) with my current, intel, graphics card? Or is it a lost cause?

sephiroth7777

Post by sephiroth7777 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Well, I guess I'll get a refund. Again. Such a shame, looks so good. Sure there's better ways I can spend $25.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Why the haste? If you have all your credentials your should be able to sort it out with support. They're very quick to respond, especially considering how immensely swamped they are with work.
On the forums it's just pot luck with who responds, depending on how willing they are to help, and also how able.
This place, however, is far more reliable.

Overgrowth is just a short appeal away.

sephiroth7777

Post by sephiroth7777 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Again the overgrowth community has proved to be entirely unhelpful. Thanks guys. All I asked was a simple yes or no and thats too much hassle, so fuck all of you and I'm never buying or supporting wolfire ever again.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:52 pm

You did not ask for a simple yes or no. You wanted detailed instructions on how to run the game. Stuff like this is only available in the Secret Preorder Forum and we handle things that way for a reason. A reason you should actually be familiar with, since you had an account before and certainly used it to browse the forum at the time.

Offering help related to running the game only in the Secret Preorder Forum is a safety mechanism. STuff that is posted here is completely public. This means that anyone who somehow manages to get an illegal copy of the game could use it to get this version running. And this way essentially anyone could do it. This is a huge threat to a small studio like Wolfire.
We customers realise this. We support Wolfire because we want them to get their well deserved reward for all the hard work they have put in the game. This is why we only offer help like that in the Secret Preorder Forum. The team could help you in no time to get access to your old account. The in information you want is literally at your fingertips. Instead you choose to act like a spoiled little brat.

Kind of makes me wonder... Why do you have such an enormous problem with using a verified account that would show us that you have actually bought the game and give you access to all the support topics and custom content available already? I see no logical reason to wilfully miss out on all this.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:43 pm

sephiroth7777 wrote:Can someone just give me a yes or no, is there any way I can ever play (at the moment, not in 10 years when they release the game) with my current, intel, graphics card? Or is it a lost cause?
You should check this page on the wiki, as it shows people's experiences with Graphics cards: http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/Supported_Video_Cards

No one knows if that will change with optimizations or not though.