Overgrowth: Low FPS; supported video card

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
ClockworkPie

Overgrowth: Low FPS; supported video card

Post by ClockworkPie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Hello there fellow lab-mice (or rabbits should I say?), earlier on I purchased Overgrowth Alpha 204 off of steam (save 5 bucks within the next few day) and I did this with the only fear being that it wouldn't run correctly on my computer. Before getting into it, here are the specs:

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Now I thought immediately that I should just curse myself for not doing enough research before buying into a buggy (yet fantastic) alpha. I did some research on these forums and was directed to http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/Supported_Video_Cards to see what video cards are supported. I was surprised to see that the Intel HD 3000 was working well and confirmed as such. I'm wondering if any of you fine people might know a solution to this problem, that doesn't entail a new computer. The only discernible difference between my own computer and those listed is that mine is a desktop, if that matters at all. I've tried a few configurations of settings, but I still get five or less FPS, no matter what I try.

What am I missing? What can I do to fix this? If any further information needs to be provided, please don't hesitate to ask.

P.s. I'm sorry if this might be considered spam or junk, and I will delete this post if asked to by an administrator or something.

AmorphousGamer

Re: Overgrowth: Low FPS; supported video card

Post by AmorphousGamer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:31 am

The game needs optimization. There's not a whole lot you can do about it. You can try messing with setting using the SUMLauncher (that being the only way to change settings currently, outside of editing config files), but you'd need to gain access to the Overgrowth SPF. To do that, follow this guide.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16422

ClockworkPie

Re: Overgrowth: Low FPS; supported video card

Post by ClockworkPie » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, I'll be trying that method and hoping that future development will lend better optimization for variable graphics.