Overgrowth Weekly

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Slycan

Re: OGW Q&A with David Rosen

Post by Slycan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:43 pm

rodeje25 wrote:You still have so many questions to go and you want more already?
Yeah I've noticed they've been skipping a lot of questions as well. I understand skipping questions already asked but it's not fair to skip over peoples questions completely.

So my question is why are you guys skipping over certain questions?

Also - good job asking the tough questions that the rest of use are scared of saying Idubbz, hope to see more of you in other videos.

sandinyourpants1

Post by sandinyourpants1 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:20 pm

question 1: What was the most difficult tech feature to implement into Overgrowth?

question 2: why do you use .obj file format. is it because everything else is overkill?
Last edited by sandinyourpants1 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Can you guys make an in depth character creation page on the wiki/forums? :)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:20 pm

RylanLego wrote:Can you guys make an in depth character creation page on the wiki/forums? :)
Would you like something like this: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24827

StrideFire

Post by StrideFire » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:10 pm

I don't know if you're aware of this, but there's been a long-standing bug for Mac that I have and a few of my friends have reported. When trying to play user-created levels, as well as some normal levels, in the loading screen it will freeze my whole computer after a period of time. I pulled it up in the log, and it gets to "loading dialogue poses" file when the crash happens. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, yet it doesn't work. The same file loads just fine on other levels. I wanted to notify you, and ask you to please consider it to be patched, though I understand that the game's overall development is more important, and it may not be fixed till beta. Thank you for your time.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:32 am

StrideFire wrote:I don't know if you're aware of this, but there's been a long-standing bug for Mac that I have and a few of my friends have reported. When trying to play user-created levels, as well as some normal levels, in the loading screen it will freeze my whole computer after a period of time. I pulled it up in the log, and it gets to "loading dialogue poses" file when the crash happens. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, yet it doesn't work. The same file loads just fine on other levels. I wanted to notify you, and ask you to please consider it to be patched, though I understand that the game's overall development is more important, and it may not be fixed till beta. Thank you for your time.
Try deleting the game's cache

shyisc

Post by shyisc » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:41 pm

What's the relationship between Wolfire and HumbleBundle? At first I thought HumbleBundle was owned by Wolfire, but now it seems like it is a separate company that is owned by John and the other guy, but with a close cooperation with Wolfire.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:52 pm

shyisc wrote:What's the relationship between Wolfire and HumbleBundle? At first I thought HumbleBundle was owned by Wolfire, but now it seems like it is a separate company that is owned by John and the other guy, but with a close cooperation with Wolfire.
I thought jeff founded humble bundle and david was a co-founder
So wolfire owns humble bundle.
But i could be wrong

Afra0732

Post by Afra0732 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:14 pm

For David and Aubrey: Will we ever see some sort of Assassin's Creed - Batman Arkham style fighting, with counter attacks, killmoves, criticals (procs), and kill-streaks? Because at the moment, combat isn't as immersive as it could be. Double kills, grabbing, drop kills and other killmoves like that would be amazing if they were implemented into Overgrowth.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:17 pm

rodeje25 wrote:
shyisc wrote:What's the relationship between Wolfire and HumbleBundle? At first I thought HumbleBundle was owned by Wolfire, but now it seems like it is a separate company that is owned by John and the other guy, but with a close cooperation with Wolfire.
I thought jeff founded humble bundle and david was a co-founder
So wolfire owns humble bundle.
But i could be wrong
Yes rodeje25, sorry to say, you are wrong...

Humble Bundle and Wolfire are two completely separate companies.
2 members of Wolfire, Jeff and John, ran the first Humble Indie Bundle as a promotional experiment for Wolfire. When that experiment proved to be successful, Jeff and John left their full time posts at Wolfire in order to start the new company, Humble Bundle Inc.. From that point on, all promotions were exclusive to Humble Bundle.

David's only relationship to Humble Bundle is that he and Jeff are twins. haha (And that he has had some games in bundles...)

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:50 pm

Afra0732 wrote:For David and Aubrey: Will we ever see some sort of Assassin's Creed - Batman Arkham style fighting, with counter attacks, killmoves, criticals (procs), and kill-streaks? Because at the moment, combat isn't as immersive as it could be. Double kills, grabbing, drop kills and other killmoves like that would be amazing if they were implemented into Overgrowth.
I think I've seen this suggestion before.
I still don't understand how automated combos triggered by glorified quicktime events would make the combat of Overgrowth more immersive or fun.

EDIT: Oh... So that's the second time you posted it in this thread.
Could you maybe not do that?

Leonard

Post by Leonard » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:30 am

I know that bows and crossbows may never be implemented to the game, but how about slings? Thanks and keep of the great work! :D

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:02 am

Leonard wrote:I know that bows and crossbows may never be implemented to the game, but how about slings? Thanks and keep of the great work! :D
I'm a big fan of slings, but in some ways they're even more problematic! If you can gather stones as ammo, well, you'll have endless ammo. Then you just climb high and kill everyone. :D

Slings are also tought to make look good, since they're so flexible and stuff. That actually makes for an interesting question on its own: Will we have flexible bone chains or rope physics or other stuff that'd make it possible to mod slings in? Or just add flags and tufts of hair to weapons as decorations.

Dmaned11123

Post by Dmaned11123 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi guys,

I am going to be a little specific with this question. Do you plan on implementing a Multiplayer that is compatible with hamachi? The multiplayer doesn't need dedicated servers yet because you guys have more important stuff to work on ATM, but I feel as if implementing a way to play with your friends (online through any form of co-op, arena matches, world building, ect) would generate content for the player and expand the playerbase. What are your thoughts on this?

P.s.

I've seen some of the crap on steam and can't stand that more people play games like Unturned than even know about this well thought out and developed game (no offense to anyone who's played Unturned because so have I). This is by far one of the most original games I've seen and I thank you for working so hard on it.

Sincerly,

Dmaned11123

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Silverfish wrote:Here are the two latest recordings!

Q&A #5, we are joined by Aubrey Serr

Q&A #6, we are joined by Ian iDubbz (and Aubrey)!

Thanks for all the great questions! Keep em coming! :D
woah nice q&a
lugaru levels in og yay
Global Illumination might come one day yay
lights and bonfires too yay
hydraulic blood yay
respect for the game jam motivation
but the 2d backgrounds are dead :-(
siiiiiiick theres a scripting documentation and noone didnt knew nothing about it

i think i spend most of my time in og in local 1 on 1, its just the most fun and you can quickly explain the controls to someone but the combinations & different attacks give it a lot of depth though. i think thats why i like this game so much, it has simple & fluid controls but still has a lot of different possibilities & tactics like p.e. dodging attacks or countering a counter, catching a thrown weapon, avoiding it etc which all have pros and cons

on the video side you guys might consider making less videos but providing more easy to make content like the stuff you do on twitter and present it more, maybe link your twitter page in the vids. i think for people like me who dont really use twitter the things you do there kindof get lost
and can we haz splitscreen that fills the whole screen without these black bars?

& aubrey is that your weekly bag of weed in that picture?