story?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
WildFire

story?

Post by WildFire » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:35 am

Hi, i havent played lugaru but i'm thinking of getting overgrowth. But first, is there any kind of story in these games? Do i need to play lugaru before overgrowth? If there is a story can someone please fill me in on what happened in lugaru and what is happening in overgrowth? Thanks

Endoperez

Re: story?

Post by Endoperez » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:05 am

There is a story, but the devs have been rather silent on how it goes and how they'll handle it. There will be some sort of a single-player campaign.

Lugaru's plot was basically this:

Turner, a good fighter, lives in his home village. Then bandits kill everyone but him, so he goes to avenge them. Then stuff happens. Then he kills wolves. The alpha wolf, the boss, warns that without the wolves keeping the rabbit population in check, their numbers will overgrow and the island of Lugaru is doomed, or something.

Cats, dogs, rats didn't exist yet, since it was a simpler game. There was some sort of a well-defended rabbit city with its ruler. That's it, more or less.

Surak

Post by Surak » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:06 am

If you want to know more about the Overgrowth universe in general the comics by Aubrey are also very recommended: http://www.wolfire.com/comic#1

DaveEscape

Post by DaveEscape » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Indeed; Aubrey's comics are awesome, but I will admit the whole universe is a little difficult to follow XD

WildFire

Post by WildFire » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:36 am

so does the story carry on in overgrowth? or does it start a new story, but with turner still getting revenge?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:19 am

WildFire wrote:so does the story carry on in overgrowth? or does it start a new story, but with turner still getting revenge?
Short answer: nobody knows.
Long answer: nobody knoooooooooooooows.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:13 am

WildFire wrote:so does the story carry on in overgrowth? or does it start a new story, but with turner still getting revenge?
There are a couple of clues about the story of Overgrowth out there. But I think David wants to keep it under wraps for a while.

swordman235

Post by swordman235 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:21 am

zzwerty wrote:There are a couple of clues about the story of Overgrowth out there. But I think David wants to keep it under wraps for a while.
Why did you say so?

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:50 pm

He doesn't want to spoil the story! That is pretty much the answer. I would also like to see the return of a few characters (Skipper, Fiver, Basil) and landmarks (Rocky Hall, Turner's Village)