A slightly overeager idea. (for Overgrowth)

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
TheBigCheese

Re: A slightly overeager idea. (for Overgrowth)

Post by TheBigCheese » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:25 pm

:shock: That would be insanely difficult to program.

Though it would be epic.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:15 am

invertin wrote:<lots of stuff>
Ive always thought it would be interesting to make a fighting game in which you can design your own combat moves ...

such as an character would be rigged with bones and grapple points and imported, then the player would have the ability to use a "dojo" mode that lets him design combat moves such as kicks, and also utilize "Grapple" points (im thinking special bones that have no specific animation function, but determine where an enemy could grab you ... such as a leg or shoulder or head or arm or whatever ...) on a practice dummy or enemy ... the player could then save these moves and bind them to keys for use in a fight

as you play the game, you become stronger and faster which gives you the ability to pull off better moves ...

but yea ... easy in concept, hard to understand :S ...

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:50 am

Toribash does that by having you do all that DURING the fight.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:34 am

yea ... but from what i seen of toribash its more like ... take this ragdoll and play with it ... it just wasn't that impressive from what i saw ...

I was kinda looking for a "custom fight animations for everyone" type thing ... and by refining a technique outside the actual fight you can make it look fairly decent ...

Think Street Fighter with whatever move you could dream up and create ...

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Toribash is seriously fun. Once you've played for a few hours and you start to get the hang of things, it's amazing how realistic it is. Though only aikido is really good, the rest are unrealistic and out of control. I've been pushed with my back nearly on the ground, with only my hand in the way, and I was able to twist my body, and flip the other guy out of the ring.

If only it ran on my netbook. :cry:

captainhawk

Post by captainhawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Ive always thought it would be interesting to make a fighting game in which you can design your own combat moves ...
Yes, that would be great! Design a move that can kill enemy in your own ways.

-- Identified as a Spambot.
-- Links removed.
-- Post locked from further editing.
-- User & IP Banned.

// Freshbite

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

A question about spambots for all the computer experts here:
so is there a spambot AI that can make on-topic necro-spam replies, or is there a live jackass at the Replica Weapons site? And do they just switch IP's after they're banned?

... and since everybody hates that nonsense, is it really an effective advertising method?

Does it ever generate sales, or are they doing something to my computer when I stupidly click on their link?

I'm certainly never, ever going to buy from them because they spam, but it does make me curious.

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:14 am

Yeah, that would be a really notable and interesting feature! Such thing made me play Warzone 2100 for really long.
But to be really interesting it should be implemented in an interesting way, not too predictable/trivial, as i think. Also, if the Wolfire Team will do that - i guess it is for later time, when gameplay starts, also it could be very development-time-eating thing, but still, i think it would be cool =D

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:38 pm

kehaar wrote:so is there a spambot AI that can make on-topic necro-spam replies, or is there a live jackass at the Replica Weapons site? And do they just switch IP's after they're banned?
Well, I think it's just become a "thing", that we have started to call them "Spam Bots". Actually, at 99% of the time it is a person assigned from a website to advertise for their products.

For example, if we take a look at Mr. Captainhawk here, by looking up his IP, we see that it is assigned to a Website, a Country, a City and a Name, all of which I will leave unknown.

I can, with the next little advertiser, look up their info and see if I can find a pattern.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Freshbite wrote: Well, I think it's just become a "thing", that we have started to call them "Spam Bots". Actually, at 99% of the time it is a person assigned from a website to advertise for their products.

That makes sense. I still gotta wonder if it ever works to boost sales. Although I guess with the economy the way it is, sales of Replica Weapons are probably at an all-time low right now.

I'd be worried that ticking-off game forum users might backfire and destroy the only customer base they have. :D

Oh well, thanks for all your hard work pruning them out of here, Freshbite.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 pm

I am not alone doing it, but sure, you're welcome. Image