A slightly overeager idea. (for Overgrowth)

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
invertin

A slightly overeager idea. (for Overgrowth)

Post by invertin » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:57 am

Constructable weapons.

Now here's why it's overeager

The game lets you build the weapon from materials, adding decorations and such in a spore style environment, the game asks you a few questions about the weapon, is it ranged, what ammo does it use, is it a sword, does it require a certain amount of strength, where is the grip, is it a staff or blunt weapon, is it used in this way, or this way etc. etc.

Afterwards it'll spend a little bit of time working out what the weapon should do. Then it'll stick you, and the weapon in an area like the tutorial area on Lugaru, mystic ghost and all. Then you can just see if you like the weapon, if not, you can go back and change the answers to the questions or the weapon itself.

This would allow for more than just the simple weapons, it might allow swords with hilts designed for it to be wielded backwards, double sided swords, bows with several strings for more arrows at once, batons, bladed batons, throwing weapons, or just normal weapons decorated and named to add personallity.

This would be great to see in the game, but maybe it's a little too much? Oh, and of course you'd need certain materials or skills to construct certain pieces.

Glabbit

Re: A slightly overeager idea. (for Overgrowth)

Post by Glabbit » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:09 am

The idea I find epic, and yeah, I also agree it's overeager. xD
Maybe in lugaru 3, or in black shades 2, or something, but I think we shouldn't go too nuts with Lugartoo just yet.

Great Idea, but nah, not yet for me, thanks =3

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:36 pm

That would be awesome, but there are much more important things to me. Like the world...and towns, and how you interact with them.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:01 pm

definitely an awesome idea but I don't think they would do it, though I think Jeff did mention something about harvesting old pieces of human refined metal to make a super sword.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:30 pm

I think there was another topic on this somewhere =P

But yes, it would be cool... but if they found a way to implement it somehow they'd need a way for it to make sense in the game world...

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:05 am

Ore of the Ancents!
Found in old Ruines (Metal works)

Can we expect to find some rustic fatorys half burryed in Lugaru: Overgrowth?

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Count Roland wrote:definitely an awesome idea but I don't think they would do it, though I think Jeff did mention something about harvesting old pieces of human refined metal to make a super sword.
I remember Jeff talking about how there used to be humans but they left for some reason, but then David keeps saying it's a different universe, so I'm going to go with David on this one and say humans never existed.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:48 am

I thin k Davids Evil twin just blather too much to the wrong guy, and he made a Forum post, and everone knew.
David then needed to find a way to cover it up to he just said (not in these words) "WTF is jeff on about lol"

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:15 am

Chainsaw man wrote:I thin k Davids Evil twin just blather too much to the wrong guy, and he made a Forum post, and everone knew.
David then needed to find a way to cover it up to he just said (not in these words) "WTF is jeff on about lol"
WTF is this guy on about?

I don't think so, mate. You're confused.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 am

Possobly... But Im sure it did not ocure to you, that maybe I was not confused, and that you, of all people are confused? did that ever cross your mind? To understand what Im getting at you must look at this picture.

This is a picture of Godzilla. This lizard creature lives in the Ocean. But for some reason it decides to raid Japan every few months. Now please think about that for a second, a Giant Lizard raiding Japan? Does that make any Sense? No Ladies and Gentlemen, that does not make any sense.

I would also like to state that Turner Can Dual weild Chainsaws, I bet you did not know that, Did you Ren? But more importantly you're probably wondering what in the world this has to do with Davids Evil Twin spilling the Beans. Not a thing. That's right, this has nothing to do with the Davids Evil Twin spilling the Beans at all.

I know it seems useless but ladies and gentlemen you've seen Godzilla. Now think about that for a moment, why would I be referring to Godzilla again when he clearly makes no sense in the context of this topic? Why, I'll tell you why, because it doesn't make any sense! It Doesn't Make Any Sense!

"Dude."Look! Look! It's a Monkey! Look at the Monkey!

Your Head Asplode.
Chewbacca defence, ya cant beat it :)

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 am

Epic win.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:30 pm

invertin wrote:
Count Roland wrote:definitely an awesome idea but I don't think they would do it, though I think Jeff did mention something about harvesting old pieces of human refined metal to make a super sword.
I remember Jeff talking about how there used to be humans but they left for some reason, but then David keeps saying it's a different universe, so I'm going to go with David on this one and say humans never existed.
I think David made it official in the Blog that Overgrowth takes place in the future on the planet earth. So that means humans exist in the Overgrowth world, and in the concept art it depicts ancient human architect. And this parts a guess but I think the humans all went extinct and it happened a very long time ago, enough for other mammals to evolve intelligently and the landscape to change somewhat drastically.

Also I don't think David ever said humans never existed, and I don't think he said it was a different universe than what Jeff was saying. I may be wrong but I don't believe David has said anything pertaining to Lugaru 2 or Overgrowth's plot and setting.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:18 am

Yes, David Quote was something like "I dont know what Jeff is talking about"
David has tryed to keep the story under wraps untill its released.

Considering now that we know what time its set in, do you think I may be able to have my chainsaw in it?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:22 am

Possibly.
But more importantly:
Chainsaw man wrote: David has tryed to keep the story under wraps untill its released.
Tried to, yes.
And can you understand why he'd do that?
I can, and indeed I'd like him to succeed in doing so.

Also, on a side note, noticed the background behind the Wolfire logo on the front page?
It shows a dog with a stick. And has done for a while, although there haven't been any mentions of dogs in whatever I've been reading.
Behind this dog, also, is a picture of a city, or town, the style of which looks highly likely to appear in Lugartoo to me...

officergads

Post by officergads » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:20 pm

This would allow for more than just the simple weapons, it might allow swords with hilts designed for it to be wielded backwards, double sided swords, bows with several strings for more arrows at once, police baton, bladed batons, throwing weapons, or just normal weapons decorated and named to add personallity.
Your building a constructable weapons right? can we build a destructible weapon in that game?