Odd error upon load screen

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Hcaek_Noiva

Odd error upon load screen

Post by Hcaek_Noiva » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:32 pm

upon loading a level the game will freeze say something like [the fragment shader uses varying world_vert and the previous shader does not write to it]. It gives the option to cancel, try again, or continue. If I click continue it gives a long list of errors including some sort of error in GLedit or something, which told me to come here I think. The weirdest thing is if I press continue past all of the errors it freezes on the dialogue with River saying just"T". The game still runs though as I can hear myself jumping and all that, I even managed to get the death music by jumping and pressing shift after I got out of the water or whatever. Anyway I just want to play the game, I restarted it multiple times tried restarting my computer and steam, I'm not using any mods or anything. I even verified my game files! I just don't know what to do about this. Any help would be appreciated. I just got the game and it won't work.

merlyn

Re: Odd error upon load screen

Post by merlyn » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:56 am

This is a known bug, and we're very close to having a fix now. This fix should be out soon, possibly Monday.

In the mean time, here's a work-around: http://steamcommunity.com/app/25000/dis ... 5884572160

talentexhort

Re: Odd error upon load screen

Post by talentexhort » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:01 am

Continuing through all of the problems freezes the conversation with River uttering just "T" whenever I push the continue button. If that's not proof enough that it's still running, I can hear myself leaping about and pushing shift after I've jumped out of the water or anything. My PC and Steam have been reset numerous times, and I'm not running any modifications or anything else. Everything in my game was double-checked! I have no idea what to do about this.

octodle