Stem Launch Failure

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
dannehboi90

Stem Launch Failure

Post by dannehboi90 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Hey,

I just got Overgrowth as part of the March Humble Monthly. After installing this with Steam, I tried launching it and it caused Steam to crash without launching. I am not able to find any error messages and I'm not entirely sure where I would be able to find any error logs. Also tried re-installing and verifying the files through Steam, but haven't found anything. Anybody have any tips as to how to fix this? This game looks really cool, and I definitely want to give it a try.

merlyn

Re: Stem Launch Failure

Post by merlyn » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:44 am

We've just released a hotfix, version 1.2.1, that updates the Steam API DLLs. This might help resolve the problem with Steam and the game crashing when you run Overgrowth from Steam.

Can you try launching the game from Steam again, and see if you're still having the problems?

If so, please run the game from the install directory instead of through Steam, and see if that works for you. The default install directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Overgrowth

If that works, please check Main Menu -> Top Bar -> Help -> About, and make sure the game version is 1.2.1. If it says 1.2.0, then wait for the update and try to run the game after Steam has updated your game and give it another shot.